Game is extremely laggy even in Main menu

I just recently download HOTS. but the game is extremely laggy, so much that the main menu stutters and even the hero portraits is laggy, I had played HOTS some times before too and it ran smoothly without any issue, I can’t figure out the cause of the lag, all my drivers are up to date, i lowered the game settings to the lowest possible, my internet seems to be working fine too since i can play other games normally.
my system configs are : i5 7th gen, gtx 1050, 8gigs of ram.

can someone tell me if they’re facing the same issues and if they found a way to fix it?

Thanks

I had a very similar sounding issue until tonight, looked around and found an old post that recommended deleting the ‘HeroesData’ folder as the game stores old builds of the game for replays or something along those lines. After deleting just open the launcher and it will either immediately start a download or do scan and repair and it will replace the missing essential files.
I went from experiencing extreme lag while so much as viewing skins to running buttery smooth again after doing this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.