Game crashing on match start during loading screen

Why send one different code when you can send all three?

B6A99B09-5FA8-41AC-B521-D532FC455BBF
8659CA91-5A4F-41E5-8A47-4B738BE24309
03AA097E-40B0-4230-8690-5FE8D967A510

All the errors occur as soon as the match begins on the first loading screen, every attempt after that results in another crash.

I’ve already unsync’d the documents folder from onedrive.
I’ve already cleared the blizzard entertainment cache folder.
I’ve already reinstalled the client and the game on my C: Drive.

All the crashes appeared out of nowhere after everything has worked fine for years and make playing the game impossible.

I looked up the crash reports based on the crash IDs you provided.

They appear to be an ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005) crash.

Essentially the game is requesting read or write access to a system resource (typically memory/video memory.)

The most common causes of something like this would typically be out of date OS, outdated/corrupted system/hardware drivers, corrupt game client, interference from other software on the system/network or a permission issues with data the game client needs access to.

Your Windows looks up to date but check the makers of your system board, gpu, audio and network devices to ensure you have the latest updates for them.

Once that is done. delete the settings data for the game under documents.

1. Open the documents folder for your user in File Explorer(Right click Windows start, choose File Explorer)
  2. Delete the Variables.txt under Heroes of the Storm.
  3. Empty the recycle bin and retest the game.

If the issue persists, try doing the following:

Try running your system in selective startup mode: https://battle.net/support/article/200483

Create a new administrator account: Blizzard Support - Creating a New Administrator Account

Once the account is created, shut down the computer, wait 60 seconds, restart, log into the new profile and try the app/client.

And if that does not do the trick, then I recommend submitting a technical ticket on the issue and include system files (requested in the ticket form) (Click your name at the tope of this page, click support, then click contact support. )

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.