Game crashing in ARAM

It seems a problem has returned that I had thought disappeared many months ago, and surprise! I found the same comment I made on this before. Why I made it in the middle of some other thread, I have no idea.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/heroes/t/what-happened-to-ranked/37939/12

Here’s what I know.

1. I’m running a pretty well built PC that is powerful enough to smoothly run the games I play.

2. My computer does not crash in any other circumstances aside from the random and very rare blue screens.

3. The only game to crash my computer / lock it up is Heroes of the Storm.

Here are the parameters for reproducing this bug as far I know them.

1. load up HOTS and go to ARAM.

2. Lobby loads up to choose a hero.

3. After I make my pick and attack some chat, the screen goes blank.

At this point, the fans inside the computer hit warp 9, like man I’m maxed on graphics warp. Screen goes blank, all before like in my last comment, and my system is completely unresponsive. There’s a match I should be in right now or have already lost now after crashing and coming here.

Also this is 2 for 2 just like before. I tried ARAM about 2 hours ago and the exact same thing happened. Lobby, pick hero, send a message, CRASH.

I do not even dare try it again, though I think I did dare last year after it happened twice like this and it seemed to not happen again until today.

What’s going on?

Okay so I cannot comment before someone else does but read on.

I personally wonder if this is the source of exceedingly long load times or times where you get into match and it says all that player disconnected reconnected stuff, and of which in some cases, they never come back.

It’s the only thing that makes sense. All those times You have that one ally who hasn’t picked a hero in ARAM. Why aren’t they picking? How can they AFK like that.

Well here’s my theory. Their game / PC crashed. What else could it be? I’ve played hundreds of matches on this PC and this is the game to crash it.

2 Likes