Game crashes randomly

The game crashes to desktop with this error: 3261EF0F-B7E4-4028-99AE-D71C98630F73

At first it was once every few games, but now I am unable to play because it happens so frequently. I run a ryzen 9 5900x and a rtx3080. Checked all my drivers and couldn’t find any issue, it also happen only in hots.

Hey there,

Let’s go ahead and have you post a ‘DxDiag’ so we can further investigate the problem. Here are the instructions:

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save
  5. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the DXDiag. It’ll look like this:
DXDiag goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

here is my dxdiag: dxdiag stampgevaar - Pastebin.com
Thank you for taking a look! please let me know if you need more information.

I have 3080 too and same problem funny coincidence. I wonder if the problem is not relate to the fact that it is a 3080. I just did the same subject as yours

that’s pretty interesting, I have also used the rtx3080 graphics card on a intel platform (with an i9 9900k), unfortunately I havn’t played any heroes of the storm at that time. On which platform does your rtx3080 run?

Stampgevaar - Thank you for providing that DxDiag report! Outside of a couple “APPHANG” errors logged for Heroes of the Storm, there doesn’t appear to be any obvious cause for concern. With this in mind, we’ll want to try a few troubleshooting steps to narrow this down a bit.

I did notice that Razer’s “Game Manager Service” is recording errors in the Windows Error Reporting, which could potentially indicate that a conflict is occurring and contributing to the crashes. Try closing any potentially conflicting programs/applications by disabling startup items with the steps below. Before trying the steps below, please close unnecessary programs and restart your computer:

1. Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open the Task Manager.
  2. Click More Details in the bottom-left.
  3. Select the Startup tab.
  4. Right-click on each item listed and select Disable. Make sure all are “Disabled”.
  5. Restart the computer.

If the issue is resolved after restarting your system, you can enable each startup application one at a time to determine which one is causing the problem. You will need to restart between each application you enable.

Note: To re-enable startup applications, follow steps 1-4 and select Enable.

On the other hand, if the same behavior occurs after restarting your system, many potential problems related to your installation of Windows can be resolved by creating a new administrator account, logging into it, and trying the game there.

If the game only works consistently on the new admin account, this could indicate damaged or missing Windows system files or an issue with how the old user account is configured. This is somewhat common, and the easiest fix is to move any user-specific files that you wish to keep from the old user account to the new admin account. You can also work with Microsoft’s Support to troubleshoot the problem with the old account if preferred.

Hopefully this helps get you back in-game uninterrupted. Let us know how it goes!

Hi Skelgarer,

I’ve tried both things, the first one (disabeling all startup programs) is something I have tried before, however I’ve tested it again with the same result.

The new administrator account, unfortunately didn’t fix the problem either.

I have to mention that I already reïnstalled my entire system a couple of months ago when it first happened. I could try to reïnstall my system again, disable windows update and only install the graphics driver and see what happens… if there is no crash I can install all drivers/software one by one. untill I discover a problem.

update (21-6-2021):

I had this issue since the beginning of using my new PC on the AM4 platform with a ryzen 5900x processor, but I believe that the crashes happenend more frequently after changing the PBO (Precision boost overdrive) settings to -30. I mostly played Doom Eternal and Horizon Zero Dawn and had no issues there. I’ve also ran many benchmarks and never had a crash once. PBO is enabled standard on my crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, so I didn’t think this could be the cause. However, after think of this… I removed the -30 on my PBO curve and the crashes happened less frequently. Now I have PBO completely disabled and I havn’t see a crash since then. The only downside is that my cpu runs less fast and hotter. So I had to tweak a little bit and set an all core @4.2ghz with an undervolt so the cpu runs a lot cooler (the room was 30 degrees celcius). After 20+ games I still havn’t seen a single application crash.

So now I know why I started to have issues when I went from the Intel to the AMD platform. So if anyone else is having a random crash issue in Hots and is playing on the AMD platform, I recommend disabeling Precision Boost Overdrive.