Game Crash on moving from windowed to full screen

Was there ever a fix to this bug? It was mentioned, and archived, in the old forums, with no response from Blizz. Sadly, I am now crashing at least once a day. I feel like I have a permanent leaver’s penalty. The game, as is, is becoming unplayable. What is the solution?

• Stop playing until they fix?
    Buy a PC?
    Wait for Blizzard response?

Not really sure, but I am at my wit’s end. I have been researching other MOBAs, but it is so painful to start over. The pain of staying might just be enough to motivate me to move on.

3 Likes

I had the same problem on my 27" imac. I just leave the game in fullscreen mode and never command-M anymore. It has fixed the problem entirely.

-if i want to surf while cueing for a game i just use my phone

Same issue here. I just have to play QM first game of the day. It’s a good workaround but still a stupid issue that needs fixing.

Blizzard,
Is this your solution? Surf from your phone and never use the Mac except full screen while I wait 5 minutes for a game to queue? Or, start every game in QM. (TBH, I don’t believe that solution is real, but I am glad it works for you.)

This happened to me again today. I am officially done with this game. 1346 levels, so this decision is not taken lightly. But the frustrations of inaction on Blizzard’s part have taken their toll. Done. Totally frustrated.

And if a Blizzard employee ever reads this, please know I stopped playing Hearthstone where I bought a ton of cards because I just knew this poor customer relation would catch up with me. I am really enjoying Magic of the Gathering now. I can’t wait to learn League of Legends or DOTA. You lost a true fanboy in two of your games.

1 Like

Hello Blues,

I have the same issue with my Mac, sometimes when I move from full screen to windowed mode using cmd M it disconnects me from draft phases, loading screens, and games. This has caused me to lose 1,500-1,800 TL points and be put in numerous “leaver” ques both of which have overall significantly reduced my enjoyment of the game. With ques sometimes taking ten minutes or more it’s a pain to not be able to use my computer for work or pleasure. Please look into this and let me know if I can be of any help or you need more information.

Thanks!

1 Like

That’s happened to me. It’s very specific to the type of situation I’m in on the game. If I am loading into a game and I change from windowed to full screen and back again I’ll get a crash.

1 Like

I’ve gotten this a lot too. Usually this is the train of events.

1. I’m in queue and I move to windowed mode.
  2. Draft starts I enter full screen.
  3. Sometimes immediately, sometimes halfway through the draft. I get a blizz error and game crashes.
1 Like