If you’ve already updated your AMD drivers on both PCs, usually you see this kind of problem when there’s a hardware issue like a CPU overheat or potentially a power issue.
I recommend a stress test to try to duplicate it without the game running. We’re going to try checking for overheating on the CPU or GPU by running a stress test. For this, I like to run three programs - HWMonitor for hardware sensing, Heaven Benchmarking Tool to test the GPU, and Prime95 to stress test the CPU.
You’re going to need to download these three programs, and run all of them simultaneously. For Heaven, try running in windowed mode at the high graphics setting. For Prime95 you want to run the “Blend” test. All of these need to run for 2-3 hours, so I recommend doing it at a time when you can casually monitor your HWMonitor results and keep an eye out for extended periods of overheating - like during a day you’re cooking something or watching a movie or something.
If you find overheating, you can take the computer to a PC tech to have that resolved. If the computer crashes or restarts spontaneously before the overheating test is over, you will need to do the same because there’s probably a power problem or an even more dangerous overheating issue. If you can run the test for more than 2-3 hours without an overheating CPU/GPU, then get some screenshots of the test and send them in to us. To do this:
- Maximize the HWMonitor window and expand all the nodes on the left
- Scroll all the way up
- Take a screenshot with the Print Screen (prtscn) key
- Open up the program Paint and press ctrl+v to paste in the test
- Crop the screen if you want to only show the test, then save it as Test1.JPG
- Scroll all the way down, then repeat steps 3-5.
- Upload them somewhere like imgur and link us to the results. We’ll use those to look for more options.
You’ll want to put the link between a pair of ` marks (same key as the tilde ~)
Let us know how it looks!