Full Lag since last patch

Hello!
Since the patch of 20.08.2021, there is a constant FPS drop in HOTS at high setting. There was no problem with the patch during the game. I ask you to look after what the problem might be. After all, this problem exists not only with me but also with several of my friends.

This is usually caused by an unreliable connection between you and the HotS servers. Every time communication with the HotS server is disrupted the client must pause until communication resumes, after which it is left behind the current game state so much forward during which frame rate is poor to maximize the speed it catches up.

I would suggest running the support recommended ping and winMTR tests to check for packet loss or latency spikes. Ideally you want 0 packet loss and a consistent latency lower than 100ms.

1 Like

To add onto what DRsuper is saying, I would recommend you use the hotkey: ctrl+alt+f when lyou next are experience this issue, and taking note of what your current ping is at the time it is occuring (it will appear on the top left of your screen in game or lobby after pressing that hotkey.

I learned this same lesson too last month, that if your ping has even when its only mildly high ~200ish ping the frame rate will begin to deteriorate. by 350ms ping my framerate would sputter down to -5ish fps, and it was a jagged variable up and own unpredictable chop instead of being consistent like is often the case with hardware chop. It becomes absolutely unplayable.

If that turns out to be the cause maybe check to see if its got you queuing outside of your local realm (ie; queing with us:west even if you are us:east–it does this to lower que times when they get out of hand) and if that’s good, check your network to make sure its not in use somewhere along the line, and lastly if everything else remains the same, check with your ISP to see if something has changed on that end. best of luck to you.