• Abathur
  • Kerrigan
  • Dehaka
  • Zagara
  • Stukov 1/2

Results

That’s 6 for Protoss, 6.5 for Terrans and 4.5 for Zerg
I think we need another Zerg ;D
Even if we count Stukov as full Zerg, that would still leave us with 6,6,5.

1 Like

for the zerg i would had love to have a support style SC1 queen !
but since the arrival of Deathwing, i think Zurvan would be a great addition as a second giant character.

but after we have a support protoss that is !
the swarm can wait ! :sunglasses:

1 Like

I might remember wrong, but I think Karax was already one of the heroes data mined in the large data mining on Reddit where dozens of heroes were uncovered in almost chronological order.

So there is a good chance he either exists already as an unfinished concept or could be released some day (i.e. some of his files, portraits or voice interactions are already hidden in the client).

At the very least there is a 99% higher chance he will be released than most other concepts.

2 Likes

While I see where you are coming from, there just aren’t that many Zerg characters or units that could reasonably turned into a character. The closest we have is maybe Zurvan

1 Like

id beg to differ there, we do have a fair amount of zerg units that could be used,
the over mind has been highly requested,
zulvan would be a good add , but there are other zerg encounted during Hots that would be a good adition to Hots !

1 Like

Oh Zurvan? I hadn’t even considered him, I don’t think so… just how…? ;D
I thought more in the lines of Izsha or maybe one the other Primal Pack leaders… tho I wouldn’t hold my breath for any of them either lol.
There’s plenty of units you can still turn to heroes like Lurker or Defiler.

I actually made a concept a little while ago for a Zerg Morphling. I’m very biased in the matter, but that would be my pick for the next SC hero ;D

1 Like

Nice hero concept,the build/kit seems good and hopefully to see a new SC hero in the game soon.would love to play with a strategic hero in the game too.

Love the concept. I love the unconventional heroes, especially summoner types who specialize in lane play. I just want to offer some advice and tweaks to help make it look better.

~ Q: Make the Sentiel +50%hp/+50% damage so as to distinguish it from the Adept a little more. Also the Energizer should only give armor to ally minions (or just clarfiy it if that’s already the case).
~R2: This is too similar to W, and feels like it would be better as a level 20 talent instead to make W apply to all nearby allies. I don’t know enough about Karax to know what to replace it with, but maybe since they’re a “builder” something like building on destroyed forts?

~ Hand of the Phase Smith: You need to set a max duration or amount, because you really can’t have heroes getting potential full heals off just a single globe.

~ Primitive Technology: The max duration should be 5 seconds (10 seconds is just way too long, just about anything could destroy a fort in that time).

~ Reconstruction Beam: Since this has to do with repairing structures, it should probably be either a level 1 or 4 talent. I also feel it should be an activated ability with a more burst heal (that way you don’t have to sit around for minutes repairing structures).

~Aggressive Defense: I’d say the blind duration should be only be 1.5 seconds, because you’ve also got a 0.5 second silence talent too.

1 Like

Rooting isnt realy the issue on its own, but to assist a tank, you have to be within a closer range than tychus to assist. Which makes you an easy target, which for a healer type of support is often bad. With extra range it can be fine though (see anduin, and partialy whitemane).

And i think that for W its vital that you can support all heroes, otherwise you only become a mage booster, in which case you might have been better of being a mage yourself.

So some rooting isnt an issue, but the many 2+ seconds roots were in this case a bit excessive and to me even feel out of place.

If you however want a lot of rooting, and you want it to be a main part of your W, maybe another way would be to make it work like morales, except you are always rooted while its active, but the boost it gives is a bit larger (extra mana generation?). This can easily cause karax to self root him for 10 seconds, if for example his range would be like 8.

This could even become a better way to merge with your E idea if it can still be used while you are self rooted, and provides some sort of self defense if suddenly being dived and not quickly able to retreat.

1 Like

thanks !

i feel we have too many heroes that are too simplistic now and are just damage focused.
it would be nice to have something focusing on different elements of the game rather than pure healing or damage.

you are deffintely right on this,
i thought more about this and there is actually a structure that he can use in game called a Khaydarin Monolith,

here is the description of the structure : "Extremely powerful defensive structure. Has superior range and damage, but is very expensive and attacks slowly.
Can attack ground and air units. "

it fires strong beams at a target, it would be pretty fitting possibly but im fearing it would be too close to tychus’s ult.

we actually have such hero, imperius can actually go from 1-100% with a single glove with the right talent , ( 4 or 7 i think ) .
however his drawback is that he needs to continously keep fighting in order to happen. i thought the draw back for Karax being that the player needed to stay close but your suggestion for a max duration is likely the better way to go !

true !

that was litteraly what i had in mind XD, when your team would have an advantage and your help isnt currently needed , karax would go repair structures, and help clear lanes before going back to the action . this might be a bit too boring though gameplay wise lol

good idea, blind + silence is usually pretty strong when combined.

the original intent of the rooting was to create weakness within Karax’ kit.
i thought that due to the fact of his providing perpetual armor to himself and his team , having him have just about the same HP as murky might be good but felt the rate of armor regeneration was still a bit too much to make sure he wouldnt be OP. so thats why i thought that if he would have an additional handicap he might be more balanced .

rooting isnt mandatory but in your opinion, would his low HP alone would be enough to compensate his strengths ? was it overboard to go with extra self root on top of it all ?

1 Like

Nice,I had a mistake on typing ,the word (all) i delete it just now.

1 Like

I think this isnt realy your decision entirely. After all, number balancing is something you cannot realy do without having an active test environment. You at most can state that you want his health to behave like X or Y.

What the effective value becomes can then still be decided by the average engagement range etc.

For example, if we would take murky, and have made him ranged, he might have had only 50% of his current health, or 60%. We cant realy tell as we cant test, but we can be sure it would have been significantly less.

Therefor, you should at most aim towards a certain health value idea, rather than actualy stating his health.

And i think that his health should be similar to a regular healer. So i would suspect the value to be somewhere around 1500hp-1800hp (whitemane is 1500, anduin is 1800). But since he cant realy self heal a lot and has closer self root requirements, i suspect it would be on the higher end.

But actual values i cant tell, maybe his rooting requires 2000hp to be fair, or his buffs are strong enough to make 1500hp fair. That requires playtesting.

1 Like

thats a really smart way to look at it !

healthwise , this is what the healers had in term of HP ( based on the big data compilation i had made a while ago, its out of date but numbers shouldnt be too far off )

Hero Level 20
Whitemane 3070
Lucio 3162
Brightwing 3180
Lili 3290
Tyrande 3314
Malfurion 3344
Morales 3388
Ana 3505
Anduin 3651
Alexstraza 3724
Auriel 3728
Deckard 3728
Stukov 3871
Stukov ( spine Launcher ) 3871
Rehgar 4386
Kharazim 4445
Uther 4550
Alexstraza(dragon) 5015

with 1630 he would be just about half the HP of Lili .
he is a support that doesnt really focus on healing but rather providing shield through aura. that would likely mean he would need to stay close to tanks or behave a bit like lucio . anduin seems a good mid-range like you mentioned.

I used the level 0 or 1 values on that. So my numbers are somewhat halved of the level 20 value.

And for the level 20 value, if your idea was 1500, then i would say that this is far too low and makes him excessively vulnerable. Abathur has ~700 base hp (so around 1400 at 20). Which would then be very similar to karax. You dont want your support to be instantly blown up as soon as he faces a mage. Even more if he has self roots into his kit.

Even the lost vikings would exceed karax if karax would get only 800 base hp. Eric starts with 840 and olaf has 1540. Just to compare how squishy he would become.

A support should never be able to get instantly blown up by a pyroblast at full health. Or have a basic way to mitigate/reduce the damage in his basic kit.

The vikings might need a talent for that, because of how they work. But those are the only heroes that have this vulnerability, and even then its only 33% of the heroes being killed instead of 100% of a hero.

Wow, this looks very detailed; just saw it now slightly delayed.

I did not have time yet to look at it in detail, but his Q already sounds pretty interesting conceptually.

1 Like

thank you !
do take your time to go through it as im concious that i did wrote quite a giant wall of text there lol :sweat_smile: ( which is usually a recurring problem with me :laughing:)

It might be more useful to use the level zero stats or provide them too as most other sources do that and it´s easier for comparison.

I like the concept, but there are a few issues for me. First would be that Q is usually a spammable ability, which is not quite that with 10 seconds of cooldown. This could easily be amended by swapping it with another ability.

Secondarily it is completely bound to being on or near a lane, which is usually not the case when doing an objective. So maybe add bit of damage and warp in a unit type when targeting heroes ? Somewhat a variant of Xul´s prison spawning skeletons. With the 10 second cooldown he should not be able to spawn too many units, alternatively the units spawned on heroes could be temporary (say 5 seconds?).

If he can self-cast this, i would at very least exclude this ability from being affected by itself. Otherwise this has the potential to become silly, if it not already is.

I´m not quite sure what to think about this one.

This requires a lot of clicking to setup, but is also potentially very powerful. Imagine overlaying all three lasers on the same path through enemies trapped in Leoric´s or Zarya´s heroic. Or clearing three lanes at once by having them mow through the mercs/minions on each.

So this is effectively on a 90 second cooldown as it affects itself?

This is passive? That sounds pretty insane, as unless you engage when they just met up you will always engage vs a ton of shields vs a team with Karax.

Ok, i now get why the basic cooldowns for him seem rather big and might to revise what i said about his Q-cooldown and applicability to heroes.

I always play Mephisto with the globe talent. I think he would be friends with this talent and a super-massive annoyance to anybody who is up against this combo :open_mouth:

I like structure interaction, and this essentially brings back the tower changes locally. I´m in for it.

I can tell people would play him as a solo lane pusher with this build.

Essentially Hanzo´s old “limit armor to zero” on an AoE that also silences? Guess it´s balanced by not having a knockback inherently.

This would be spawning some threads; i´m very sure of that.

I like the basic idea, but would like to make a different suggestion as it has been hanging around my mind for a while. What about an ability lend from Arbiters that cloaks friendly mercs within his trait´s radius?

Well ok, forget my idea about hero applicability or make it not apply to it :open_mouth:

What is the priority list for that? Structures first? Anyways i´m all for more minion/merc/structure interactions.

Those all look pretty damn strong.

true, to give you an idea, 1630 HP at level 20 is about how much HP murky has at level 20 as well. if we add the total passive that karax can produce on himself ( which would take 18 seconds in total if no interruptions ) it would give him a wooping 2530 hp ! ( whitemane is the healer with the least amount of HP at level 20 with about 3000hp , uther is around 4500 )

the idea wasnt to create a summoner but rather someone to assist in different ways, so the goal of that was to create some protoss units and let them push / siege , or use your talents to push the lane faster. since the minions are not on timers, they would effectively be able to push lanes unassisted . with other talents, karax would be able to easily help and siege multiple lanes at once if he had proper rotations. but given how frail he is, he would be highly prone to ambushes, even a 1v1 would almost guarantee death since his fighting abilities are really limited.

that was the idea, requiring set up , but great potential in different aspects. :+1:
but yes, that entomb and triple lasers from solar lance would be epic !

yup !

yup, but you also got to think that the shield would take 18 seconds to be full on Karax, and 9 seconds on allies. also, any allies leaving the aura range would start to decay that shield. added to the fact that Karax has low HP , is places him almost directly in the actions melee warriors of its team.

i thought the risks would had balanced out, i guess i was wrong lol :sweat_smile:

thats also why its chrono boost affected him and itself, all due to the large cooldowns. :+1:

these two could very likely become best friends lol

awesome :sunglasses: !

they could , but its not all he’s good for , however hes made to be able to compensate / synergize with his team/ map. if lane pushing is needed, he will definitely be able to help on that !

sounds about right, also, karax has no slow, stuns or knockbacks. the most he offers in term of CC is 0.5 silence and some blind later with talent.

very likely :joy:

i like that !

yeah! it means i got my idea right and balance ! ( i hope lol )

it’d be based on range. which ever is the closest damaged.

but do they look too strong or balanced given his weaknesses ?

also, thanks for reviewing the whole thing , i know that was a big wall of text !

1 Like

these concept is fine but somebody will followed when hero is confirmed. due to causing that Mercy has still didn’t confirmed as hero. I finally signed Orphea into Tassadar (via Chronicle).

Are you kidding? It looks like it’s very poorly thought out.

Q is pretty much like Sylvanas Possession.
Which isn’t bad in itself, but there’s a reason it’s an extra ability tied to a talent rather than a base ability.
It doesn’t let the player DO anything.
Look at Azmo’s summons.
They appear right in front of him, thus can be used to block skill shots.
They appear moving in the direction you indicate, thus they can offer vision such as in bushes.
You can use it out of lane, so you can throw them at objectives or merc camps.
It’s basically the most simple summoning ability in the game, but it still has some degree of depth.
This really does not.

W is not bad in itself, with some numbers adjustments. Range is ridiculously short. Being a basic ability rather than a bonus ability like Malf’s trait means this hero again is finding himself not able to really DO much, especially with that cooldown.
This kind of ability could work on a hero, even possibly one with a second support ability since it can be self cast, but it doesn’t fit here.

E. 750 damage on a basic ability. That’s Pyroblast levels of damage you can apparently use on Structures and Merc camps. On a 12 second cooldown. LOLOLOLOLOL
The way Purification Nova works could function as a heroic.
If the damage was dropped massively, maybe even as a basic ability.

R1 Could probably end up in the game, but not with those absurd damage numbers.

R2 Is kind of what Bloodlust is to Stim, but for Nanoboost. There could probably be a balance to it.

Trait Like most things here, absurdly powerful. 100 shields per second… Brightwing trait heals 105 every 4 seconds, Lucio’s Amp It Up healing is 112 and that uses mana and only lasts 3 seconds. Just the shields alone is way to freakin strong, and then there’s a bunch of other things tacked on.

I’m not going to bother going over the talents.
Maybe with things toned down to realistic levels and Q changed to just warp in the summoned unit over time or something, the hero could be interesting, if only because self chrono and purification would let them actually do things.