Frequent crashes - ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)

Hi,

I’m having frequent crashes in HOTS, which happen at any point when the program is open (in game, lobbies, etc.). I’ve already updated my drivers and Windows, uninstalled all third-party antivirus programs, and run system file checks/disk repair utilities.

Error code is CAF6257F-BEF2-4D96-A519-1C3F73E7076F.

Thanks!

Hey mpan,

Have you tried testing the game with no other programs running? If so, let’s get a DxDiag to take a look:

1. Press Windows Key + R.

2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.

3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.

4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save

5. Paste the DXdiag into the post, select and highlight everything you just pasted, and hit the “code” button (</>). That’ll make the information much more readable.

It should look like this.

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

Yes, I’ve tried testing the game with all startup programs off and nothing else open, and was able to replicate the crash.

Dxdiag: pastebin (dot) com/eGvYu41p

Thanks!

It looks like the EVGA Precision XOC software is crashing. You may want to try uninstalling that to test the game. I’d also suggest checking the temperatures. Grab hwmonitor and play until you start getting crashes. Once you play a full game where you’ve been having crashes, check the “max” column of your test for CPU/GPU overheating. If those are getting too hot, clean the PC and take it to a PC tech if that doesn’t fix the overheating - that’d probably mean some of the heat hardware needs maintenance or replacement.

If you don’t see anything, let’s snag some screenshots:

1. Maximize the HWMonitor window and expand all the nodes on the left

2. Scroll all the way up

3. Take a screenshot with the Print Screen (prtscn) key

4. Open up the program Paint and press ctrl+v to paste in the test

5. Crop the screen if you want to only show the test, then save it as Test1.JPG

6. Scroll all the way down, then repeat steps 3-5.

7. Upload them somewhere like imgur and link us to the results. We’ll use those to look for more options.

I’ve already uninstalled Precision XOC - I’m not sure why that appears in crash logs.

Otherwise, I don’t think overheating is causing the crashes. I can simply alt-tab out of the game while in lobby and it will crash within a few minutes. This computer can also run demanding benchmarks (Unigine, 3DMark, etc.) without crashing.

HWMonitor logs: imgur (dot) com/a/CojQu3K

Yeah not seeing anything specific. You may want to try testing a new Windows Admin account to see if there’s any change but otherwise, I would recommend collecting a new Dxdiag and Msinfo then contact our support team by creating a ticket here.