Forum issues, please help

Hello.

I’ve been having a couple of frustrating issues with the new forums. My main account by the name of Vertroyer can’t post anything at all, it doesn’t show me the prompt to reply to someone or the “New Topic” button top right.

I made this alt hoping maybe it was just my main account being bugged, but this one can only post in the support section of the forums. I am proper confused and perplexed as to why and how this is happening, and the stickied trust level thread in general discussions has nothing about why I can’t post.

Some assistance, please?

Is your main account silenced/suspended in-game?

If yes:

• You cannot post until it expires on that account.

Is your main/alt account level less than level 5?

If yes:

• Your account should be level 5 in game to post.
2 Likes

You took the words right of my mouth. Of course it was full of coffee, so it was hard to type.

1 Like

Neither as a matter of fact. I just logged in to check and I do not have any silences or bans. My main account is also past the 100 level milestone.

I should just point out that the instant I checked the forums with my main account, I never saw any of the reply prompts or even the New Topic button at all, not even greyed out from me. However, the alt account got perms to post in Support from the get-go and I can see the New Topic button top right albeit faded and not allowing me to click it for general discussions.

The alt account I can understand how to gain perms to post on now, thank you. The main account being unable to post is still a concern I’d like to have clarified and/or solved.

As far as what I’ve seen goes, this might be a bug but I’m really not sure.

:thinking:

Well I think there’s one thing left that makes sense to me because I remember having a similar situation when I started posting on Blizz forums in March 2017, though not sure if it’s the issue but…

Do you have parental controls enabled on your account? Because parental controls deny you from using the forums if I remember correctly, when I got it disabled I could use the forums features, especially posting.

Just gave it a check. That’s a negative, parental controls is not active. I’m really leaning towards the notion that it’s a bug.

Regardless, I’ll just grind a bit on this account and post on the forums. It’s alright, thank you very much for your assistance Sami.

1 Like

The last thing I can help with is Contacting Support itself, being the issue related to the Forums:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/services/665

You should probably ask them why you cannot post on the forums and they might give you a clear answer and probably how to fix it.

2 Likes