• a smurf/alt acc then it seems
  • assuming we should’ve cared
  • one of the many usual low effort ignorant tinfoilhatter

:man_shrugging:

I had my fun, I’ll leave this empty massthread with this:

You:

Me:

3 Likes

You really should do a better job of reading.

Part of the issue of what you try to cite as ‘proof’ of the problem you’re having ins predicted in the blue post you’re trying to cite, but you only cherry-pick parts of what was written.

So what you present is a prediction of what the blue wrote, but then you don’t couple it with anything else.

The fundamental difference here is that you are trying to assert intentional functionality to the mmr that it doesn’t have and then claim it to be an anthropomorphic device. Rather than look into knowing more about mmr and/or elo, you consider your ‘experience’ to be good enough.

The fundamental fact of existence is that anything can always be ‘better’. The devs have said the matching can be better, but of your position to call them ‘liars’ you have conjured excuses on how you/your position can’t be better.

One source presents information to explain incongruities and complaints, and indicate their system could be better. The argument against that is ignorant of the material they presented, doesn’t know how mmr/elo work, and conclude their argument is ‘good enough’ and decries any claims that they could be better, know more, or observe something they’ve missed.

The ‘irony’ is that you talk up how knowledgeable you are – in the past – but revel in ignoring anything that doesn’t agree with what you claim. Since you ignore what is offered, you aren’t knowledgeable about it, so the basis of your claim is flawed, and you end up with contradiction between claim and conduct.

The sad part in all that being, you’re taking pride in continuing to remain that ignorant after 5 years. Calling someone else a liar doesn’t change your own stagnation. If anything, it’s probably more sad circumstances that brought you round again to pretend that grasping at feeble straws is going to make a magical house for the poor little piggy trying to hide from the big bad wolf.

Unforntally, you’re also the sort to be huffing and puffing and blew your own house down.

3 Likes

I’m not here to prove anything. I know what I saw. I know many people have too. I know many people have left the game because of it. I know you guys have been attacking, gaslighting, and reporting people that bring it up here for years.

I mean what it sounds like is you guys are at the gates to Blizz HQ and are trying to determine whether or not you should let me in to see the devs to tell them my experience. And you guys just laugh at me and send me away when I had no interest in talking to either of you in the first place.

Uhh. Okay. Let’s explain how this works.
Blue didn’t lie, not really.

How MM works is the game tries to match you within a specific MMR bracket, this bracket increases and decreases as you win/lose.

The end result, once you’ve plateau’d in skill, your win rate stabilizes at around 50%.

If you want to win more than 50% of the time, get a stack going and play a tightly knit game or get good enough where randoms can’t offset your skill by feeding (lol).

you expect to much from a free game. i mean there is reason it’s free

Once again, someone chimes in without understand what I’m saying.
I LITERALLY TYPED OUT ALL THE RANKS OF THE TEAMMATES TO ILLUSTRATE WHAT IT WOULD LOOK LIKE

Do you think it’s normal to go on a 7 game winstreak and to be Plat 5 and to have 4 teammates that are Gold 5 or Silver1? And the opponents be Diamond 3-5??? For the gap to start small but get larger with each win added to the streak?

1 Like

Then don’t make sensationalist titles that are full of crap lol.

lol so you only responded to the title.
What a waste of time.

Xent, I can see you trying to be relevant and participate but you will fail. I guarantee it. Your concept of “on topic” has nothing to do with my thread. lol

1 Like

IF you can’t ‘prove’ your claim, then your concern of something being a ‘problem’ is one of self-infliction.

If people present a ‘problem’ then the conclusion would be they want to ‘fix it’. However, if they don’t know the difference between an actual ‘problem’ and one of perception, then they’re inflicting issues onto themselves, and blaming others for it.

The best way to try to redress self-inflicted problems come from off-setting ignorance, broadening perception and offering more explanations than someone has considered.

The basis of what you ‘know’ has been frustrated by just about any exchange so far that points out you’re ignorant, and refuse to consider otherwise. In that regard, you now double-down on the claim and persist you ‘know’ what you know.

Instead of reading what people actually write, you process an impulsive response and then tell you lies of stuff being ‘against’ you because they don’t agree with your claims – claims of which you don’t want to 'prove – so if you aren’t going to ‘prove’ them, why would anything give you any sympathy or support?

It doesn’t matter if the devs see the complaint or not; lots of people have made them over the years. However, if you had a hand in experience customer service, you’d probably also realize the complications of trying to deal with unsatisfied customers that are their own problem. They accuse anyone else of lying, and don’t ever consider otherwise, and then go from establishment to establishment and lie to themselves how everything is terrible and someone else’s fault for it.

When someone has their head up their own rectum, they’re probably going to see nothing but feces. That doesn’t mean that everything is covered in crap, but it does mean that’s generally why it’s a bad idea for people to hide their heads in such a method

2 Likes

So you can support it and move it on up to Blizzard HQ for me? No thanks, forum slave. I’ll talk directly to Blizzard, please.

Self inflicted… So because I had no idea that Blizzard would try to game me, that I thought Blizzard would try to make fair matches in the spirit of competition, that I didn’t have the wherewithall to carry out an investigation in the time span of a loading screen to begin documenting my findings in a situation that was extremely difficult to reproduce, all the while being gaslit and ridiculed by gamers that were never suspended, all while I was having to deal with the suspensions.

Swear words your way, buddy.

Hey, everybody.
Just as an experiment. Let’s just pretend I provided a screenshot that looks like what I originally posted and that it was after a long winstreak.
What then?

1 Like

I’ve actually had experiences like that. I get paired with low level and unplaced players against plats and diamonds. I’m sure everyone will pick apart your post, but I feel like there is definitely some truth to the theory in general. I actually saw a Youtube video explaining how to tank to get to diamond and up.

1 Like

You mean minus that your reported experience has still been from the pre-season? Cuz people have already pointed out how that’s problematic.

1. pre-season was a pre-season for a reason
  2. Old matching had ‘hidden mmr’ that deviated from the game’s confidence. Due to the later use of promotion and demotion matches, the visible matching rank didn’t show the ‘actual’ rank the system was using for matching
  3. Given the dated information you have, lack of information in how matching works, the realization that some things have changed, and a reluctance to process information you don’t already have, the ‘screenshot’ itself wouldn’t matter.
    edit addition 4) Stuff you claim for ‘proof’ to not longer ‘exist’ has already been pointed out to still be possible to pull. You could even borrow stuff other people shared long before you came back, but didn’t.

Having a one-off does in indicate the extent of a problem and can be due to other circumstances. The relevant concern is how much you refuse to consider additional aspects at hand, but continue to persist that your little experience was ‘good enough’.

Since you have sampling concerns, issues of concerns for ‘proof’ but want to revel in your own proof, and then think your “what if” concerned was a good comeback all indicate how much you don’t know, don’t see, and don’t care, but want to pretend have more value than it does.

And that’s the problem of the gap you’re demonstrating.

The issue is that you think one thing is “fair” but haven’t put in two cents to figure out what you mean by “fair” – a common problem of pretty much every system – and have gotten yourself so upset over it, you’re still oblivious 5 years later.

That is a stereotype of problems that don’t even matter what the game’s problems had been. Yea, you ‘left’ the game, like so many did, who come back time and again to repeat the same ‘argument’ because they likely had the same problem wherever else they went which is why they come back here time and again and indicate they haven’t changed, learned more, and are otherwise still unhappy and upset and want to keep finding something to blame as some sort of spotlight pedestal for how “right” they are out of laziness and ignorance.

It’s ain’t all that bliss some people crack it up to be.

You’d also be doing everyone else a magical favor if you’d read through more of this stuff and not poise what-if questions that were already answered before you even asked them.

What if you actually paid attention to all this stuff people point out as being relevant. What then?

To leave that less rhetorical for you (since that’s problematic for you) one difference may be that you’d be less ‘offended’ by “gaslighting” and stop trying to use it yourself despite denouncing it. There’s other outlets to disagreements, but you seem content to fault anyone else for the thing you’re doing. Which is kinda problematic with the whole “asserting other people aren’t honest thing”

Here’s another magic what-if: what if people just replied “so what”

Without proof of claim or call to action: so what?

That much doesn’t seem to have occurred to you either. Fancy why.

2 Likes

Nope, wrong again. I said it’s been happening since Pre-season and has happened multiple times throughout several years of play.
See how you completely fail to understand my points and then you just go on a trainride across the country with bullet points and scenery locations that have nothing to do with what I said?

Pre-season was a pre-season for a reason

Oh you don’t say, Sherlock. Still though, again you missed the part where I said it happened multiple times over the course of the game.

So what

Would be so much more pleasant than 50 comments pretending to misunderstand my posts, cherry picking points here and there and constant attempts to derail the thread into no-man’s land.

The example you gave was one hypothetic, and it’s the closest thing you’ve provided to demonstrating your claim. So when you asked a ‘what if’ based on what you had used, then the only concern I would express is particular to that context.

Given how much I point how you persist in missing, it outweighs what you’re trying to convey. The issue at hand is how much you fail to understand, and try to act like your ignorance is empowering.

When you decide to stop cherry-picking yourself and provide something more substantial (and ya know, actually bother to read through this stuff) you’d have something better to show for it.

As I’ve written before, if you knew better, you’d do better.

But you don’t.

Go to my original post please, at the very top. Look there, it’s an example in the 2.0 rank system.

Go read all my posts you claim to have seen and misunderstood.

I’m not claiming to misunderstand your posts…
I said you misunderstood mine. How did you conflate my example of actual Gold, plat, silver, diamond ranks with the pre-season rank system?

I dont care what you claim. You haven’t given anyone reason to do so. But you have mispresented what other people write,a nd try to fault them for it.

It’s a common forum technique to interpret what they’re writing to then further a point along. It’s beyond you, I can tell.

If there is a guaranteed way to get to Diamond, doesn’t that prove that “forced 50%” is a lie?

4 Likes