For those anticipating the D.Va rework

Lets be honest she’s so niche rn it would be hard to ruin her playstyle when only a handful of dva players can use her effectively.

She’s not like old tass where she’s super effective in the right comp/skill. She’s just good if you play her very very often and only good in a small handful of situations. Also unlike tass dva doesn’t have the same fan support.

1 Like

Probably coming with next event?

2 Likes

Fan does say she is the worst hero in the game right now, that’s true.

5 Likes

As if all that mattered.

None of those “changes” are FORCED into you.

You choose if you use any of those things. You choose if you want to use a mod or NOT. You choose if you want a PC version or if you want to emulate the original console. You choose if you use exploits or NOT. You choose if you want a reskinned version or NOT.

If you chose NOT to do any of those, they you still have the same UNCHANGED thing that was released so many years ago. And it is (mostly) perfectly preserved if it is emulated instead of the aging hardware that may simply fail.

Unlike here where you just have just NO choice. If you like the changes OK for you, if you don’t you are screwed even if the change is good.

Nice way to put excuses. It’s quite sad that even internet preservers at the wayback machine can’t truly freeze all things in time. But truth cannot be erased!

True, some changes were lost in translation when porting games:
https:// www. exotica. org. uk /wiki/Lost_In_Translation

but still.

I hope you are right. Tassadar may be a lot better now, but now we have one less support hero. And since Tassadar lost the phase shift ability, it lost one of the coolest gimmicks it had alongside one of the coolest visual effects: the High Templar afterimages. Displaying those all the time would be problematic to say the least, however it was cool to at least have them briefly. Now they are gone.

Too bad if that means she will loose her bunny hop. It was dumb and stupid, but it was actually a hilarious comical relief of a skill and I had become accustomed to it.

I used the Rush-down talent to compensate for it, and it worked quite well for me. If that means the talent will no longer exist then they will effectively RUIN D.VA for me.

Oh crap! It seemed an eternity to me! If that’s the case they will indeed give her a huge NERF!

What the… Why? How? It doesn’t even make sense, that means forcibly merging a talent that is for mech mode and a talent that is for pilot mode!

Oh, at least something good I suppose.

Yup, and it’s likely that she will have a new Fall Event skin too. :jack_o_lantern:

No, the devs said that Bunny Hop remains as one of her ults, the other will be Micro Missiles.

I don’t think it means the talent is removed, it can remain the same or can even be improved. But if the devs decide to remove it then it means that she doesn’t need it anymore and we would have a cool new talent.

They said that they nerfed her base kit, but her talents will be A LOT stronger to compensate which sounds really good to me.
(I believe they did the same for Cassia who is a lot stronger after her rework.)

Torpedo Dash (dash) and Concussive Pulse (knock back) are both Pilot Mode’s talents.

You seem a bit pessimistic about the D.Va rework. I don’t know if you would like her rework or not, but believe me, I know that she will be a lot stronger after the rework. :wink:

3 Likes

Blizzard has disappointed me too many times.

-Even if the new Tassadar is better, the one I was playing with is gone for good. Forever.
But It’s OK, there are far worse things:

-WarCraft 3 Reforged fiasco (I can’t even ask for a refund because my country is a 3r world country and PayPal only works one way here: to pay.)

-StarCraft Remastered feels abandoned, they discontinued the editor (OK, ScmDraft is a thing but still) and they have left many things pending.
-StarCraft 2 has some things that I’m really angry at:
For example this bug

which I also have encountered here in HOTS:

This other bug with the SC Mass Recall mod:

https:// www. sc2mapster. com/projects/starcraft-mass-recall/issues/126
Bug

Since it is not a major thing, most Mass recall players shrug off! But hell!
There are TWO maps where saving is CRITCAL. KelMorian Combine where the command centers you infest are carried over to the next mission and Dark Origin. If you can’t save in a map to map you are SCREWED. That makes those two unplayable for me. It’s horrible to be unable to play Dark Origin and not having the results of my efforts in the previous mission. Why nobody cares about such a game-breaking bug is beyond me. Besides, having to go back to the selecting screen after finishing each mission is annoying. It’s utterly irresponsible that Mass Recall players are not asking Blizzard to fix it, and it’s quite stupid that Blizzard has not to been able to notice it and fix it already after so many years!

2 Likes

Yes likely that since haven’t event themed skins for D.Va although most of it’s champions (nominees) have events themed skins.

2 Likes

My personal theory is they will be moving her to healer and the main challenge was crafting Mercy´s staff to her mech.

Given their track record i´m not even 100% sure this wo´nt happen.

3 Likes

Blizzard disappointed me a few times too. But I really hope that all Blizzard’s games and Blizzard itself will improve in the future. I know I’m a bit too optimistic, but that’s who I am. :blush:
To me, HotS and its passionate dev team remind me of the good old Blizzard. And I hope it stays this way forever. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I would love to see Mercy in HotS with a brand new kit, maybe with an even more creative kit than Mei’s.

It’s not related to the post but I think that we will get Belial in April because:

• He is one of the highly-anticipated heroes.
  • This year’s April Fools Community Event on Reddit was really big and it really caught the devs’ attention. One of the ‘fake’ new heroes was Belial (the others were Mercy and Azshara).
  • He would have a really creative kit revolving around deception, illusions,…

But that’s just my theory! :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, too bad that D.Mercy now has taken that spot :open_mouth:

He´s on my list, so i approve of this idea.

1 Like

Mercy is one of Overwatch heroes possibly arrival in Nexus although I sneak preview for weeks.

1 Like

I hope she wont be new Imperius or Sonya, my biggest concern. Which means must pick, deals ton of dmg and is tanky. D.va is also mobile with waveclear so, there’s also that. D.va also gets self sustain this time. Saltwall imminent.

Indeed.

Big Shot base line will make her less niche, but from what I’ve read already, they nerfed my one shot build for an added stun. It’s hard enough on a +50 pings to perfectly get the Stop and Pop value while stutter stepping, now it will be harder to catch up to the enemy without the slow and with a shorter radius. I hope this stun last for at least 0.75 sec.

Also this:

“Can now be retargeted while active. Damage reduction reduced.”

I’m sad. With Pro Moves, I never really needed the retargetable Matrix unless I faced Chen. It’s so not worth having to nerf the DR. That means she will lose some sustain power for her bomb charge/mech reset. I’ll have to abuse the mech sacrifice to neutral camps more than ever for that.

1 Like

I am also concerned about the state she’ll be out. I don’t expect her to be that much less clunky and retargetable Matrix isn’t as attractive for me, either. There’s one silver lining:

If she underperforms they’ll buff her. For 2 years now their excuse to not do anything with D.va was that she’ll be reworked soon™. She can now receive proper quantitative adjustments rather than being placed in the limbo.

I am really optimistic about reworks. Heck, even reworks I did hate were slowly growing on me regardless. But more than my optimism I am just glad she’ll be receiving patch changes after this rework.

1 Like

That’s the balance dev account, showing you how he cares about playing her in ranked.

3 games registered. Level 5, meaning around 6 games. Last time on 2017. She’s his least played hero and it shows with all the balance she had since 2 years.

My expectations are buried somewhere between the Earth’s crust and the upper mantle. (very low)

you cant use words like these around the kids, youll scare them!

on topic, im an absolute pleb so excuse my ignorance but i never quite understood why dva was so hated? whenever i picked her i got tons of toxicity but i think she has some really unique and useful features.
i just hope the rework doesnt change the good things about her and just fixes the weaknesses.

Ive been playing Hots for 4 years straight. Whilst Donkey Kong Country was my all time favourite game on the Super Nintendo, I did not play it anywhere near close to 4 years.

That being said, the business model (and technology) was different back then. Games were meant to be enjoyable…but completable. Once you ran out of things to do on DKC, you would eagerly pay money to play Donkey Kong Country 2.

Very valid point.

However for longevity’s sake, i think change is a good thing. Youre right in that too much change can be a bad thing as people have spent many hours learning the existing rules.

1 Like

Yeah… fair enough that there should be changes to keep the thing interesting. New heroes are welcome for example. This MOBA genere is very dynamic.
I just hope it will remain good quality. Some things are living up just because of the quality of the original game, the new stuff is not as good as it should be. The “it’s done when it’s done even if Soon means years of awaiting” was dying and it was completely dead with WC3 reforged.

Will she be able to shoot rocket now instead of jumping uselessly ?

D.Va is all about the pew pew pew.