"Files in your Heroes of the Storm installation are damaged."

I’m kinda clueless at this point.
I’ve tried everything in this article: Files in your Heroes of the Storm Installation are Damaged - Blizzard Support and more. I completely uninstalled the client and game multiple times, still get the same error. Even tried moving the installation folder from one drive to the other, thinking that could maybe be the issue. Alas, no results. Even completely reset my PC, since I had been having issues with other stuff either, but even after that I still get the same error. What else could I do?

This is the Report ID that comes with the error:
6805231E-91E7-4D25-BB91-7D3BD7A7F3E3

Thanks in advance

Hi Duke, I’m having the same issue. One work-around I found on Blizzard support was to create a new account on my PC with full admin access and I am able to run and launch the game from that admin account. This has fixed a few other games for me as well, but is still an inconvenience. Adding my Report ID as well:
B356F2CE-F705-43A6-B620-4D179875B337

Duke – It looks like your Documents\Heroes of the Storm is in your OneDrive directory. OneDrive (built into Windows) can cause this error due to syncing the Documents folder which contains the game settings file (Variables.txt). Try “unsyncing” your Documents folder from OneDrive using the instructions listed on Microsoft’s page.

AtomicKetchu – Thanks for letting us know what worked for you! If the game only works consistently on the new admin account you created, it means that the old account is broken or corrupted in some way. This is somewhat common, and the easiest fix is to simply move any user-specific files you want to the new admin account. The other option would be to work with Microsoft support to fix the issue with the old account.

3 Likes

Same problem… I did try as well to unlink my pc from OneDrive as a more drastic step with no result. I can play other Blizzard games (Starcraft II, Warcraft 3 Reforged) without any issue.

Here is my report ID:
C8F87682-2C6D-4B0B-9C4C-28E4C91E5306

Was able to sort it.

If it helps anyone: I desactivated OneDrive, deleted all HoTS files manually, rebooted, and reinstalled.

Not rebooting after desactivating OneDrive doesn’t work. It seems to be a key step in solving that bug.

1 Like

I had the same issue, just solved it.
I went to OneDrive>Documents>Heroes of the Storm, right clicked it, and marked the option “Always keep on this device”. After that I launched the game and it worked.
Hope it works for anyone else with this issue.
My report IDs were these:
2FCCA7C4-AB4A-4265-8FC4-93BAABDE9F09
3FA7FB09-2624-4120-B3FB-5BB5CCA14876
61E85DCB-D6EC-46D5-9DB9-C4CA3467A37A
Note: This happened after upgrading to Windows 11, since it didn’t happen before.

3 Likes

My ID 9A103773-B5D6-4EED-BD81-EC0FBF7CCF18

Files in your Installation of Heros of the storm is damaged. Not sure what to do but this is my ID CF0E29D6-7561-4894-9AFF-65F376B1984C. I would love it you could help

Howdy TheMadGadfly,

It looks like this error is being caused by OneDrive syncing the Documents folder on your computer. You should be able to fix this by following the steps here.

You are amazing thank you so much!