File Access Denied

Within the new latest patches of blizzard for some reason they removed the option that you get to name your replays now. Try renaming your replay in the game it does nothing try saving it by opening folders in the heroes of the storm data it will say that you need to give yourself a permission in order to rename it. You click the button and it says file access denied and no matter how many times you click try again it wont work. So great job blizzard I applaud you.

I have this problem too. I even tried to uninstall and install game again but for no use.

Every folder has an admin icon on it and wont give you any chance to delete them manualy.

And launcher keep updating both Hots and ptr everytime I start the game. So yea I fell you.

1 Like

rewritting here for completeness:

It might be a Windows problem. Navigate to your replay folder, right click , properties, security, edit, add your own user, give him full control , apply, ok, ok and it should work…
Had the problem too, but this sounds like the files are under a different permission. this will fix it for you likely

1 Like

Strangely, same thing has been happening to me but in overwatch.

1 Like

This problem is darn annoying. I can’t even delete my screenshots, why make this change?

This is not exactly a blizzard problem something in the file permissions are being rechanged, although considering this is a frequent issue, the game is probably having a phase, it will probably be fixed, but… here’s the solution.

One of the things OS(s) provide is security protocols and which type of permissions YOU or SOMEONE ELSE is allowed to do, like reading, rewriting, modifying, you name it.

Here’s what you should do:

1. Simple open the replay folder
  2. back track to the previous folder where the reply folder is located
  3. right click the replay folder and open properties
  4. go to the security tab
  5. select one of the 4+ options (IIRC authenticated user is sufficient to select), click edit
  6. in the next window that appears you can modify what type of permissions anyone is allowed to do on the folder, for no brainer, click full control and save, otherwise for your case, Write and Modify should be sufficient to rename replays.
  7. leave and save changes and try renaming.
2 Likes

This thread doesn’t really belongs into ‘General Discussion’, but rather into:

1 Like