Faithfulness to Source material

Exactly , EMP could be introduced with a slight modification , like depletes the mana off a target but the mana depleted is restored over 6 seconds for exanple , or it could simply be a silence with some bonus damage to shields instead of instant deletion which a mechanic I never liked by the way.

Lockdown can simply be a stasis effect or a Stun , doesn’t have to be anti mechanical

Well, if they stayed that close to the source material. SC units would have about one ability each.

I mean, Blaze would have no abilities at all.

2 Likes

You add to the character when needed not remove something from them

2 Likes

That would stray from the source material.

4 Likes

You don’t seem to understand , I am not aiming at 100% compliance here

1 Like

I’m sorry but there’s no consistency. Adding things and removing things are equally distancing yourself from the source material.

You say adding things is fine, but you also complained that Raynor didn’t have Stimpacks. I think making the character playable is more important than being super close to how they are in their games.

I mean, some of them are bosses, you can’t make them anywhere near like they are in their games. And some like Deckard Cain don’t actually exist as characters. But players want them. They could have stuck to the lore on this, but that would have meant ignoring what the players wanted.

7 Likes

Some characters have iconic abilities or attributes that should be kept , in the example of Raynor , he doesn’t only represents Raynor the Hero but the Marine Unit which has the iconic Stimpack ability.
I am against changing/removal identity related aspects not against adapting and evolving a character to fit into the MOBA game , as you said Deckard was just a NPC but Diablo game has iconic spells that we can’t fit on our current characters , why don’t we give the horadric mage these spells and make him playable ! I for myself was very happy to see Deckard Cain playable with the ability to give allies health potions.
Second example is Blaze , in Starcraft a firebat has very little unique aspects to import directly so he needs addons , but they kept what is iconic about him which is area of effect damage basic attacks and short range plus a talent that increases his damage to minions which is similar to expendable small light units in StarCraft which is awesome , they tried some ideas with Stimpack but in my opinion they removed the iconic part about it and I would have accepted this way if the Marine (Raynor) had the Iconic Stimpack for the sake of variance.

I hope you understand what I am aiming for and realize there’s no consistency problem here as you think

2 Likes

Yes, but his unit was modeled off of a marine in starcraft 2. Stimpack seems in universe and reasonable.

He has a variety of stim options at level 1… Also, firebats have stim in Starcraft 1. Given those firebats are PvP units, not campaign only like SC2, this seems reasonable?

Uh? source material doesn’t really give you stuff either way?
Also Zeratul hits harder against non-heroes iirc. Alarak only hits harder against heroes.

But I could be wrong on the damage numbers.

yup

uh, Probius doesn’t summon units?
He builds pylons and cannons…
???

Worse yet, they have no optical flare!
This would make sense to add to some degree, i agree.

Please. Kerrigan has multiple setups through all the missions she is in across SC1/SC2. You could turn all the kits she had and options for kits into like 3-4 different heroes.

fair enough

I mean, her kit isn’t perfect, but holo decoy and snipe do kinda make a lot of sense.

Protoss shields are not properly done on ANYONE. Full stop.
Especially given Shields on Protoss operate differently in SC1 and SC2.

except like half your criticisms aren’t supported by your written words as to why they bother you.

They can still bother you, that is legit, 100%. Just, the reasons you give don’t factually backup what you say.

5 Likes

Fun fact, they have the same engine

“Spend $30 to find out why I’m complaining about something”
Yea, that sort of answer was preempted

Numbers are a function representative of the challenge, and not necessarily the ‘lore’ associated with the character. That’s part of why Wowcraft bosses are massive in the context of a fight, but aren’t literally stories tall giants.

Zera in hots doesn’t “hit as hard” because he has tools for enabling his attacks in ways alarak does not, so the concern over the ‘raw number’ is misdirected concern manifest as someone not paying attention, but trying to blame someone else for it – or ya know, skirt answers onto someone else to figure out.

Stuff like that smells like trolling :confused:

1 Like

Your replies are trolling , get the hell out of my discussion.

You don’t know starcraft enough , if you do you wouldn’t need explanations about why am I a little bothered

2 Likes

I’m not the only person who’s pointing out that the stuff you post contradicts itself. When we ask for clarification or specifics, you deflect it and then try to claim you know more about something. If you have more to share, then share it. Otherwise it comes off that you’re trolling because you don’t offer specifics and instead insult people.

2 Likes

Yet you make hilariously inaccurate claims such as:

-Protoss shields only being on Fenix
they don’t function like shields do in SC1, they semi-function like SC2

-Alarak auto attacks hit harder than Zeratul
do you have a source as to why this should or should not be the case? Because the only thing i could think is in the one mission you use Alarak as a unit, but… The idea that that encaptures the most Alarak can do is silly. In Co-op, Alarak has a higher max attack than Zeratul.

-Kerrigan without a single human ability
Yeah, you mean like how she is/can be for a good part of the campaign that was focused around her as the hero unit? They baseline used her Heart of the Swarm, Queen of the Swarm looks as baseline. Then they used zerg abilities for the character who was modeled in her zerg form.

Like, this is what most of your complaints/issues read like.

It’s a list of things that are not explained, as they are self explanatory and valid. Combined with some garbage that is not explained and not accurate.

4 Likes

Oh you forgot Illidan shouldn’t be blinded by spells…He is technically blind but he can SEE with his magic. He should be immune to little stupid nymphs like Lili etc.

2 Likes

Those blinds are also magic that transcend the mere optical blinding. They influence the target’s brain to block out all visual input.

1 Like

He is still way more powerful then someone’s stupid magic… He shouldn’t be blinded either way. Lili is just a panda… Illidan has near titan like status.

Lili’s hidden depths. Plot twist: She is an old god.

2 Likes

Ok Ill just leave this here:

Ilidan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lili

I agree with most of what others have written, but I agree that Nova and Tass were terribly translated into HotS.

1 Like

I will tell you what , Lili can 1v1 illidan in this game and win almost every time