Extremely low Ranked Points gains

Me and my friend decided to come back to heroes of the storm and play some ranked
Last time my friend played ranked he was ranked in high masters and beforehand he was rank 1 (in the old ranked system)

For some reason, the MMR system has decided to drop my friend all the way to silver without giving him a fair opportunity to climb back without having to play hundreds of games with a very high winrate

I do understand the decay mechanism behind it but in games like Overwatch2, Starcraft2 and League of Legends the system comes in your favor and give you big ranked points gains and small ranked points losses for a well performing player helping him get back his original rank quickly

Why in Heroes of the Storm the system does not come in your favor even in the slightest like all the other games?

Even with a very high winrate and a very impresive performance you still consistently get 200 ranked points

If you were to do the same in games like sc2, ow2, LoL and valorant you would find yourself climbing very quickly and effortlessly

In addition, me and my friend got ourselves smurf accounts and even though we had a winstreak of 10 when we first got our accounts, even though we maintain a winrate of 80%, we still got only 200 Ranked Points, and we started in low silver and not normal ranks like platinum

If you were to win 10 games in a row in placements matches in Overwatch you would immediately start in the Master rank, if you were to do the same in League of Legends you would have the MMR of diamond

Why does this happen in Heroes of the Storm? can’t the game come in your favor?
Why is it required to invest an enormous amount of time when clearly you do not belong in the rank the system puts you in?

Think of the players in the enemy team who have to suffer against higher level players

Please look into this issue and fix it, Heroes of the Storm is the only game which does not award you for good performance, high winrate and large winstreaks

Thank you

Low point gain is only an issue in Bronze 5. It normalizes in all ranks at or above Bronze 4.

As for someone’s old MMR from 2015-2016, that has long decayed.

Rank 1 Hero League players from preseason who have not played the game for a decade have all decayed down to around Silver rank in Storm League.

I do agree the game should reward long win streaks with extra points.
It is a long running flaw in the game it does not.

This game is even more unforgiving if you play alone!!!
you are at the mercy of this system who can’t distinguish trolls and AFKe’rs and real players!

1 Like

I don’t disagree. Ranking up solo is an incredibly tedious, borderline impossible task for the average player (Grand Master streamers with 70%+ win rates can rank up fast from low ranks, everyone else grinding at 51-52% will need Gandhi’s patience enduring painful games with leavers, feeders etc. for months and years).

The only way to really bypass that awfulness as an average player in Storm League, is partying up with several other players to avoid the constant barrage of trolls and AFK’s. Each decent player invited into your party is 1 less potential troll in the match at least on your side.

100% agree.
I do try to find good players and group up, but damn man! That should not be the only way!!!
I mean, It should not be hard at all to differentiate players from trolls,afk’s or those who rage&quit!
And I even understand them being at the bottom.
But putting us there and saying “climb”… it’s beyond stupid.

Sad but true, maybe one day they fix it and game stop being bad.