Explain ranking league positioning

It’s a ladder that sorts people according to their skill level (at least that’s the goal). Why should you advance if you can’t win more than 50% of your matches? You should only advance if you became much better at the game so you suddenly win more until you get stuck again.
being stuck is perfectly fine, it means you can play with and against similar skilled players which should provide the best game experience.

You should have incentives to get better at the game, not to advance the ladder because that happens automatically if you get better…

Do you understand that a winrate of 50% in bronze league is not the same as a winrate of 50% in diamond?

100 games with 60% means u win 60 games and lose 40. thats 10 games away from 50% winrate. 10 games means 2000 points., that means 2 divisions. if u were gold 3 you go to gold 1. simple math.

Except you almost never get/lose exactly 200 points and winstreak bonuses exist.

It’s a 20 game difference, 20 games won more than lost which results in 4 divisions i guess ^^ Still if you can keep the 60% winrate for another 100 games, you will again advance but the higher you get the more difficult it gets and so the win rate will eventually be at 50%, it’s just the question where that is for each player. (also players are not always playing on the same level, we are humans and our performance can vary quite a lot).

1 Like

u just said that, read your own words. if NOBODY can have a winrate over 60% it means u cant advance

read again, i said AFTER 100 games because 100 games should be enough games to get you to the place where you get to a 50% winrate.

exactly, u get LESS than 200 points with every win, so u cant advance.

Unless you play in parties, winning and getting winstreaks means 200+ points.

dude, if u cant get over 60% winrate no matter how good you are, its obviously a wrong system.

dude, you are obviously too dumb.

Every player has a 100% or 0% winrate after the first game (no matter how good they are). 100 is a bigger number than 60 in case you didn’t know. The thing is, this 100% winrate will not last forever and the more games you play, the closer you get to the 50%. As i said, 100 games should be enough to get you to the rank where you win about 50% of the matches. Only the absolute top players can maintain a 100% winrate over many matches and they might need more than 100 games to reach their 50% plateau or they are so good that they will never reach it.
But you said you want to exclude master players from this so lets forget about these top players.

Maybe for some reason you suddenly become better at the game and win more than you lose at your current rating. So your win rate can become higher than 50% and that means you advance in the ranking system until you reach the 50% again! The goal of the system is to constantly find out on what rating you get to this 50% win rate

You see, winrates are a temporary snapshot and they have no absolute value because they are related to the rating where that winrate was captured.

Two suspensions even though people have probably already covered it.

• The guy is a 1 trick { probable }
  • Smurf {mentioned already}
  • Plays in groups { points can vary from W, and L } - I’ve lost literally 500 points or so from promo’s

Aside from that anything in Gold, and Plat is pretty much silver imo, but we’re not here to talk about this last bit.

that guy was in my team and i wish he was afk to get a bot instead

You will lose games because of such issues but you also win games for the same reason when players like this are in the enemy team. Over all it should be pretty even, slightly in your favor if you are never that issue-player yourself.

1 Like

i want to play with and versus players of the same abilities and skill as me. i refuse to carry anybody. prefer to lose, so they go where they belong.

Sometimes you get carried too but i guess that’s fine for you or do you prefer to lose then as well? ^^

Refusing to carry anybody does not make a lot of sense.
You should carry yourself man. The only time you would allow one bad player to win is when he is in your team. It’s only 1 win for them and they will lose again if they are not in your team. You sacrificing yourself and loosing a game on purpose because you don’t want your bad teammates to win a game will not matter for these bad teammates, you will not be able to rank up like this either. There are too many bad players for you to do this…
I would even assume that you act this way because you are in denial that you are not even able to carry.

i never get carried. i got in bronze 5 from gold because i refuse to win for people who are in gold and their skill is bronze.

Ah that’s why you check their profile because you want to see the fruit of your work? Are these players in bronze now because they lost that one game with you?
At least you are in bronze now ^^

yes, they drag me down too. but the system sucks big time, having players in leagues way up then their skills and abilities. this is causing the frustration, and other problems arise, like the automated silence ban.
i never seen an online game where people are afraid to speak because they get reported and silenced at this kind of magnitude. and i got 20+ years of playing online games. thats why this game died.

A ladder is chaotic because people are ranking up and down constantly. The ladder is constantly moving! Many players are not where they “belong” and that’s pretty normal.

How fragile are you that you can’t handle a bit of chaos?
Some people demand the perfect match in every single match and if they feel it’s not the case they act up like toddlers…

1 Like

Not to mention human minds are also chaotic and random, a Master having a very bad day and is upset about something in real life, can lose to some Gold in lane and ragequit.

Rank does not instantly entitle someone to win a match. It only tells about their past performance. (It is a likely indicator of skill, but never 100%).

Or a gold who did great yesterday, can do horrible today.

1 Like