Error when Launching

I am having trouble launching the game. I use a mac. The error appears: Graphics Initialization Failed. Can you help with this? It was working yesterday, but with the new patch this error appeared. I have already restarted the mac a couple of times and made sure my system is up to date. Under the error it stated HotS requires a Metal-capable graphics device.

1 Like

We have a sticky post that explains this issue Here. Thank you.

In summary, if you have an older iMAC or Macbook that doesn’t have METAL support on your graphic card, I guess it’s Game Over. :frowning:

2 Likes

Same problem here. Based on other posts: I think we’re screwed. You have to buy a new mac to have a compatible device.

Just switch to Steam or Xbox. Puck Blizzard.

Nice Blizz, my imac with plenty of speed and ram won’t work… Game over indeed. Really weak, Blizz.

2 Likes

Wow epicly frustrating… I’m on 10.13 but because my 27” beast iMac is a couple years old I can’t play? Laughable.

2 Likes

For real? Wow. It was running just fine on my 1GB AMD Radeon HD 6750M. I literally can’t even open the game now. Does anyone know if I get a larger SSD and install boot camp Windows, would I still be able to play?

Hold up, so the minimum requirements are now a 4GB card? Holy Moses. Why!? I still had a year stim pack too, so Blizzard has double screwed me over. Unbelievable.

1 Like