Error: disconnected from Blizzard Services

I’m unable to play Heroes of the Storm. I receive an error when connecting to Blizzard services within HOTS.

Steps to reproduce:

1. From the Battle.net app, click ‘Play’ for Heroes of the Storm. I’m using the US/Americas realm.
  2. The game will launch and you’ll see an ‘Authenticating…’ message box
  3. I then receive an error that says ‘You were disconnected from Blizzard Services.’

Attempted troubleshooting steps:

1. Flushed the DNS cache from the cmd line.
  2. Tried changing from my ISP’s DNS server to Google’s (8.8.8.8).
  3. Uninstalled and re-installed Heroes of the Storm.
  4. Applied all latest Windows updates.
  5. Restarted computer multiple times.
  6. Verified that my internet is functioning just fine with every other website/service that I normally used.

Windows 10 w/ modern hardware (Intel proc, NVIDIA graphics)

Hey there Burr,

It sounds like something may be blocking the game’s connection to our authentication servers. If you haven’t yet definitely be sure to also try troubleshooting security applications.

Restoring router settings to default values may also help. If the default security is “high” I might also try setting it to “normal” if it has any similar options. Information on how to login to most routers can be found here. If the information is not there be sure to check the user manual or ask the device provider for assistance.

I do hope the info helps. Let us know how things go!

The problem is the latest Windows Insider Update. Roll back to the pervious Windows version, and you are fine to play again.

3 Likes

Problem is the latest Windows Insider Build as Michielovie said. I can confirm.
No previous problems playing HOTS until the last few days.

This issue now appears to be fixed in Win 10 build 20161.rs_prerelease.200627-1754.