Error Code: BLZBNTAGT0000084B

All other games install and update just fine. the only issue is with heroes of the storm. When I try to update HoTS I get the error above. I have tried to run the client as an admin, but I get the error. I have tried to run a scan on the game, but I get the error. I have tried launching the game from its .exe file, but I get the error. I uninstalled the game hoping a reinstall would work, but I got the error when I tried to install it. I had to create a new user on my PC and give them admin rights to reinstall HoTS. I then switched back to my main user account on my PC and was able to reinstall the game from its folder. However, I still cannot update the game without getting the error. This has been going on for about two months now. I have tried everything I can think of to get it to work. I have tried everything listed on your alls website and forums. please help me play HoTS again. I really enjoy the game and have invested a lot of time and money into it. Thank you!

Hey there Kickenwing,

The BLZBNTAGT0000084B error is usually due to permissions or damaged files. With this happening for a couple months already, it reminds me of an issue that happened causing many players to be unable to patch Heroes of the Storm. The developers fixed the cause so it shouldn’t happen, but anyone who was affected already would have to manually fix the permissions that were messed up. The specific folder is where some settings and temporary files are kept.

I wasn’t sure if you’re using a Windows or Mac system so I’m including both sets of steps that should help with this.

Windows

1) Navigate to your Documents Folder
	2) Right click on Heroes of the Storm and go to the Security tab
	3) Click Edit
	4) Ensure that “Full Control” is checked for your user account and the Administrators group
	5) Click OK to save any permission changes

Mac

1) Open finder, or go to folder option in menu (or Shift+command+G)
	2) type:
	~/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/
	3) Look for the “{game}” folder
	4) Choose File > Get Info >
	5) Expand the Sharing and Permissions section by clicking the arrow
	6) If the lock at the bottom right is locked, click it to unlock the Get Info options, then enter an administrator name and password.
	7) Click on each user or group in the Name column, then choose the Read & Write setting from the pop-up menu.
	8) Use small circle with dots to apply that permissions to all enclosed items: https://support.apple.com/en-euro/guide/mac-help/mchlp1203/mac

Please let us know how that goes. Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.