Error 2:-1073741795 Cannot Launch Heroes of the Storm

Hey everyone,
I’ve powered on my computer for the evening and was unable to launch HOTS even though it was running fine yesterday. I haven’t committed the current/previous versions of HOTs to memory so I can’t say if there was an update that occurred between yesterday and today, but it sure feels that way given the circumstances.

I’ve been working through various troubleshooting steps as outlined by other tech support reps even though they’re a bit clunky/cast a wide net (Not that I have anything against that, it’s a very reasonable thing to recommend when trying to solve a problem you can’t directly troubleshoot) but one thing that’s troubling here is that there aren’t any error logs being delivered to the /Documents/Heroes Of The Storm/GameLogs/ directory even though some files are being written there such as the 2019-10-15 Graphics file etc.

This sort of seems to suggest that the game “Launches” and then perhaps immediately fails in a way that bails out before logs can be written? Bummer.

Is there a way to launch HOTs in a verbose mode or something to try and get a better handle on what is happening?

For now, having ran out of basic troubleshooting steps such as disabling firewalls and resetting network caches running as admin and the like, I’m going to just try to reinstall the entire game and give the ol’ PC another restart for good luck once that’s done.

-EDIT
Well,

I reinstalled everything (Battlenet and HOTs) and now it runs.

In conclusion we’ve learned nothing specific and can continue living in fear that things will suddenly stop working until you have to randomly blow it all out and try again, sort of like life itself.

For some sweet SEO for anyone in the future, this is “Error 2:-1073741795”

I was having a similar problem. After restarting my pc it worked. But my new issue is that I cannot buy gems lol

I just wish there was some, any indication of what this error is! Like dang it doesn’t even write a log :cry:

I checked with a ticket, turned out my razer synapses and norton anti-virus was screwing the game up. Disable your third party programs.

hey, i have the same issue, cannot fix it, have u??

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.