Division S playoff game with Kael'Thas. Now with 50% more Pyroblast

This was actually a pretty good game (game 1)

So there’s this Urban legend that high rank players never pass a KT bomb. But as you can see, nobody plays perfectly, and KT does get value out of LB. KT has another legend about Pyroblast. That being that you can always counter it, and it doesn’t get picked at high levels because it always gets mitigated. I’ll let you see for yourself whether Pyro gets value or not.

Perfect Gems almost threw. Had they not had both their fort and keep intact bot lane, they would have lost the game at 21:30.

(Also, I don’t know that the Li-Ming player knew that KT would pick Pyro,. But I’m 95% sure it was his presence alone that made the Ming player pick “Force armor” over “Power hungry” which means less siege damage for her and her team, and generally less damage overall)

6 Likes

Nobody ever said high level players never pass the bomb or that is useless or that pyroblast can’t be usefull.
They just don’t stomp their feet and understand they have to look into their own play and talent picks.

How many people complaining would even fathom picking force armor because they face burst mages or heavy hitting ability heroes?

4 Likes

Oh I beg to differ. But mining for all the posts would take more time than I’m willing to invest. However, just listening to what Khaldor says during the game is a good indication of the general view of the talent (Pyroblast)

I even saw a person on this forum not one or two weeks ago who lamented the fact he would ever have to adapt to enemy picks and talents, and therefore refuses to take Spell Shield or Force Armor. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

I thought ppl from higher ranks just said that LB and Pyro are a lot less valuable and problematic than at the lower ranks where ppl constantly ban Kael for that reason.

3 Likes

Na division S you forgot to mention. Meta is diffirent , sometimes li li gets casted there too

2 Likes

Organized play is so far removed from solo que it might as well be a different game.

1 Like

Pyro is the main kt pick and hes still a good pick at higher ranks. The only ppl who say he isnt are plat knowitalls. Difference is in lower ranks living bomb spreads 2-3 times on avg while in higher ranks its 1 spread maybe 2 in tight situations

1 Like

KT shows up in EU as well. Mosttly on Infernal shrines and Volskaya (like he was picked here)

I don’t understand your point with regards to the topic…

You forgot to put in the video

1 Like

Thx.

Could have sworn it was in there lol.

1 Like

Happens to the best 20char

It’s Cpogx, of course he’ll go pyro. Not a GM btw.

Why i said it was just becuase something is picked at the pro level does not mean its good or applys to solo que

Almost every hero has a place in the game, just most are very limited.

People say this all the time bud. Pyro is meme status. Common reasons are its blocked all the time and literally every class has means of avoiding it. Pheonix is awsome area denial etc.

So yean

1 Like

I am not implying that it is good or bad. Simply that it is used.

The general consensus was that high level players would never pick it.

Once again, its not even the same game as solo que.

How does solo queue have anything to do with the topic?

High level solo que and tournaments is a different game.

We’re not talking about solo queue at all.
And why would a talent be good at high level, and then become bad if you’re playing in a tournament?