Disconnected in the draft

Picking the hero - the game froze - appeared something about blizzard connection - got penalty for disconnecting and deranked.

Edit: Now I have to play quickmatchs and ignore the fact that the disconnect wasn’t my fault? Also I want my points back.
2nd Edit: And it’s the second time this happens in 2 weeks.

Howdy!

It appears the client disconnected while attempting to pick a hero. Our goal would be to help you either troubleshoot or locate the connection issue. We do not overturn the penalty system only help avoid it from occurring again, so I do recommend to troubleshoot before returning to play ranked.

Try the following steps:

1. Power cycle the home network’s modem and router to refresh the connection to all the devices within the home and ISP following the steps Here.
  • Once the system is back online flush your DNS cache following the steps Here.
  1. Try disabling background applications that may conflict with the game or suddenly take up system resources by placing the system into Selective Startup.

2. If you are playing on a wireless connection try switching to a wired connection following the steps Here.

Retest. If the issue continues to try to capture the disconnect with a WinMTR. Make sure to keep the WinMTR running for a total of 10 minutes for a good sample rate. The goal is to capture a disconnect with the test running. Then post the results back here.

Thank you!

Same here. Just attemped to play a ranked, the game crashed during the queue while the matchfind timer went going on
Finally had to restart the game and i was placed to demotion in rank… not on my fault at all4

I played 9 games with the same 4 random guys. After our first win we decided to team up. A 5th player joins us and just walks around during the whole game without doing anything… bye bye game and nothing to do about it (That’s playing 2 full games to get back where you started).
After that we had a nice guy and he joined the team since. We get 6 wins in a row and after the last win I see I have still the same amount of points???
There is nothing wrong with my pc nor did I ever experience a bad connection before… but it seems like I “disconnected” during draft. At least we think it was me because I was the only one who was also kicked out of the team… (They had to invite me again). But I didn’t have to sighn in again or anything like that.

It is unacceptable that I don’t get compensaded for this as you stated in your comment above… The random player is one thing, but this issue should be clear that it is the game that experienced a bug. Not my pc or the connction.

In all cases you can see if it was the player who left during draft/caused a disconnection or if it was the game. So check that please and do the right thing. You owe it to your costumers…

I played for 4 hours, had 7 wins and 2 losses and ended up with the same points as I started. Please make this right so I can continue playing/enjoying the game.

Thank you.