Disconnect Queue is Dumb AF

I recently had two disconnects. I dc’d once because a roommate reset the router and I couldn’t reconnect. I then disconnected today because of windows forced update despite scheduling it for a different time. It shut down my computer in the middle of the game. Now I have to “win one game” which doesn’t sound like a big deal. I get into the game and it’s me and 4 disconnected players against a real team. So the game forces me to play with 4 AI against a real team and I’m forced to win this BS before I can rejoin normal games. I was planning to quit anyways since the game is dead and they keep finding new ways to push out the last bit of their playerbase but this is a fine excuse. No way I’m putting myself through this idiocy just for the “privilege” to queue into a broken and dying game.

Already known issue in Technical Support

The dc penalties make sense because those are events on your end.

The room mate dc woyld be easily fixed if that person waited after you were done, you should had made sure the router reset wasnt done during your game.

The update , windows always give serveral warnings before doing an update , if it did that during your game it means you postponed it multiple times.

Both of those are on you.

2 Likes
  1. game doesn’t know the difference between external events you can or can’t control, or people just rage quitting. However, the consequence of a player leaving the game tends to have similar outcomes for everyone else left in the game, which, surprisingly, is a sum greater than 1

2. when the game is putting matches together of people who have repeatably left the game, it doesn’t know which ones are actually going to sit through and play the game.

You’re taking events that are in your control, and looking to blame anything else you can for them. That’s the sort of person who tries to blast 20+ miles of the speed limit and is upset that 'everyone else keeps getting in their way" or the sort that goes into an arcade and finds “all the games are broken”, only to never notice they were putting in the wrong type of coin into the slot.

there’s several ways that hots might not be for you, but that sort of attitude is the type that will raise problems wherever else you go :confused:

1 Like