DirectX 11 not available on this machine

I have just tried to run Heroes of the Storm like normal and got this message.
This is the error ID code:
52044C4F-60BD-4695-91D6-9BCA9A44E888
I don’t really know what to do about it. I already checked my current version of DirectX and it is DirectX 12 for Windows 10.

Hey Urso,

This looks like a driver problem. If updating the video driver doesn’t help, let’s get a DxDiag to take a closer look:

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save
  5. Paste the DxDiag into a new post, select and highlight everything you just pasted, and hit the (</>) button. That’ll make the information much more readable.

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

Current Date/time: Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 21:48:57
Computer name: LAPTOP-IOPV3PDU
Operating System: Windows 10 Home Single Language 64 bits (10.0, build 16299)
Language: portuguese (Regional setting: portuguese)
System Model: Predator G3-572
BIOS: V1.21
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz ( 8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 16384 MB RAM
Page file: 5567MB used, 13132MB 
DirectX version: DirectX 12

I hope that’s all

That’s not the full file, but it looks like you are on an older version of Windows so let’s grab that update.

It also looks like you should have an Nvidia 1060 but it’s not showing in the crash report. Try updating the Nvidia driver by going here.

If you still have an issue, get the full DxDiag.

Oh you were right, Windows was missing an update so I’m downloading it right now.

I will come back here if any issues persist after that.

I also figured out what you meant by the full DxDiag page, so I used Pastebin: pastebin (dot) com/g4MZaABa

Yeah the Nvidia driver hasn’t been updated in a while. For best results, I’d suggest a clean driver reinstall.

First, remove the old driver files by using the third party driver remover DDU. You can find a guide on using this program here. After this, pick up the latest driver from here.

Next, change the Nvidia settings:
• Right click on the desktop and launch NVIDIA Control Panel → Manage 3D settings.
• Go to Program Settings tab.
• Select the game to change the graphics processor under “Select a program to customize”. If it’s not is not available, select the specific game from the drop down list.
• Select your “Prefer maximum performance” graphics card under “Power management”.

Then reset the game settings to set everything back to default.

I was able to fix this. The issue was related to “newer” nvidia drivers running bad on older machines. Install this version to fix: 436.30-desktop-win8-win7-64bit-international-whql.exe