Devs intentionally ignoring Valeera's crippling talent issues in order to tweak the talents of heroes who require the tweaks less

Why does she need nerfs?

Keep in mind she has 19 total talents not including ults or ult upgrades. So over a third of her talents involve just one attack.

1 Like

Garrote’s duration is equal to sylv’s ultimate being a basic skill, which for squishy heroes is a death sentence with almost no chance to escape or do something.

That’s not necessarily a bad thing adds a layer of skill to land her ability and why shouldn’t there be talents for her abilities? Even if she only uses it once or twice and like I said the biggest problem is how weak the other builds are in comparison to q build not her talents that effect stealth.

Trying to duel mura 1v1 usually also is a death sentence. Game isn’t balanced around 1v1s your teammates should be peeling her off you in tfs. Also the only way Valeera is engaging is in stealth knock her out of it and you’ve countered her for 8 seconds just be mindful of where she is. Another note is they’re not asking for buffs to q build, they’re asking to bring other builds up to a similar power level of q build.

2 Likes

After HailFall’s barrage of “nerf every hero except Valeera” posts, this thread puts a smile on my face.

4 Likes

No fam, I said I don’t see them. Major difference being, there could simply not be issues that don’t need addressing being they don’t exist, far less reason for me to comprehend something that doesn’t exist as well.

Assuming there are issues that absolutely need to be addressed is just as ridiculous.

2 Likes

I have this now.

TLV and DVA are still waiting.
It seems that unlike us the devs totally ignore the trolls.

So here’s some rough charts I pulled from Heroesprofile stats.

The order progression is based on the time since a hero was last adjusted. SInce the concern is that valeera is “ignored” these are all heroes that have gone longer than she has without some sort of patch.

The other bars are percentages from Heroesprofile regard the

• popularity in qm or drafting modes
  • success in their modes
  • rough % of tiers with stagnant or problematic tiers (overlayed for both qm and draft)

Depending on which metric someone wants to use, the bottom line is that there are several heroes that could all arguably be said to be in more “need” than valeera. For simplicity’s sake, these are just quantifiably tl;drs and not in-depth breakdowns on every single talent influencing every single build, or whatnot.

If a tier has a skew in pick-rates that isn’t offset by win-rate then I considered it problematic and converted the number of those tiers into a percentage – highly popular talents shouldn’t be drastically more successful than all other options; the lowested picked choices shouldn’t have drastically worse win-rates. I broke that down into qm vs draft because some role-defined heroes are usually picked for a specific effect, so they’re more likely to have specific talents to pick that; comparing it to QM could indicate if a similar skew happens, or if broader choices can work despite (or in spite of) the different team compositions (which could indicate more variety is possible in draft modes)

In these sort of situations, some talents can be adjusted by numbers to increase their appeal (they’re not relatively strong enough to be worth the pick) the talent isn’t defined to adjust play enough (ie 'builds) or a talent is inherently flawed and may be the product of kit bloat, changed design goals from different dev eras, or something else.

Not all talents, or heroes, can just have “polish” to address concerns of talent strength, build variety, or hero popularity and success. Several tanks suffer a lot of talent stagnation because their role can be fairly limited.

Other heroes on that chart fall into similar design flaws: they only do 1 thing and their current talent design doesn’t really change what they do, how they do it, or how to offset counters to them doing it.

In such cases, “polish” will be less impactful, shift the one-trick popularity to the next min/max, or further demonstrate some of the issues with older heroes having 4-tier options compared to the 3 tiers blizz has been trimming down over time. Power balance, opportunity costs and impactful choices are all different dynamics and they aren’t “fixed” with the same thing.

Just because something doesn’t show results you want according to your deadline does that indicate something is being ignored as you claim. If anything, there’s some 27 other heroes ahead of valeera in that line – some of which have been mentioned to, at some point, be getting some attention.

Blues have confirmed one of the biggest time drags for heroes comes from interactions. While some may surmise an “interaction” to only be 1 talent adjustment, that’s unlikely to be categorized as an “interaction”.

While some posters have suggested that some band-aid fixes could work, but of the issues for Valeera likely stem from a problematic design, which would mean it could take iterations to test different ways to address her problematic design.

She has a history of just rotating one-trick build to one-trick build, so a couple number bumps aren’t likely to change that any time soon; something else has got to give and that something takes time.

3 Likes

I knew I should have come on here and made that prediction about HailFall whining about no Valeera changes when I saw the patchnotes! I @#$%ing knew it!

So how long does it usually take you to fill that out? More or less than 2 weeks?

9 Likes

I think the devs should give in and nerf her

3 Likes

she has

how so she’s in a healthy spot, why fix what’s not broken, she’s not being “snubbed”

cause it’s in your brain, she does not need a fix, you want to tweak or buff what you’re not ok with, well guess what, I like her talents, all of them, no exception (ok maybe thistle tea xD and still I like it…). I don’t want them to be buffed cause she’s already one of the strongest hero in the roster, the diversity is here so I don’t want them to be changed either. Unless for some “new” maybe ? new in like different, why not ? but not needed
Besides what r u talking about didn’t she receive a buff to mutilate and fatal finess lately ? I don’t remember well

no, they’re not. Probius players are “uncommon”, not Valeeras at all

she is not, there are tons of hero “untouched” too, simply cause they don’t need it for optimal game balance and new

1 Like

There is an easy reason why they don’t improve Valeera: You would stop creating complain threads and the forum traffic would drop by 25 %. Players would be bored because they don’t have anything to talk about.

5 Likes

Add Tassadar there. I remember he complained about him too.

Thread be like:

1 Like

Stop appropriating AAVE

Wouldn’t surprise me

I wanna thank HailFail because I’ve bet 10€ with a friend that such thread would have been made if no buffs/changes to Valeera were in the patch notes.

Thanks for gifting me a free pizza!

9 Likes

Easiest pizza ever.

3 Likes

Sir, Nova is sitting in lil corner crying for a long time. She does not even have a single good talent tree because she is just useless regardless of what talent she takes.