Devs intentionally ignoring Valeera's crippling talent issues in order to tweak the talents of heroes who require the tweaks less

As I say in the title, the devs intentionally ignoring Valeera’s crippling talent issues in order to tweak the talents of heroes who need it less. If you look at the patch notes, they explicitly say that chen’s talents are in a pretty good spot except for one underpreforming talent at every tier. So they worked on them. They also buffed underpreforming/underpicked talents for a number of other heroes, including maiev, samuro, mephisto, kharazim, azmodan, and probius. Many of these they even say their talents are in a decent/pretty good place, they just want to polish them up. They do this almost every patch.

in this case, why has valeera not gotten this in 5 months??? Her talents show incredible discrepancies in both pickrates and winrates, yet she gets completely ignored while heroes that the devs themselves admit are in a mostly good spot get talent tweaks.

I have a really hard time believing this isn’t favoritism. Do they not work on her because qm calls her “unfun?” Their last round of changes were a decent start, but didn’t end up expanding her talent diversity at all. I argue tooth and nail on the forums and on reddit as to why valeera needs talent work. I PROVE my argument with statistics. I’ve given several suggestions for full scale talent reworks, as well as suggestions of smaller changes they could make to improve her talent diversity.

I. Just. Dont. Get. It. Why isn’t valelera allowed to have talent diversity? Why is she being snubbed when heroes who need it less are getting attention before her? Seriously, they don’t even try to make small changes to her regularly until her talent health is in a better spot. They straight up ignore her.

How many of these posts will it take until blizzard actually LISTENS? Ive been making them for well over a year now. I hope every patch she got her changes. I make suggestions how to fix her. But the developers never acknowledge these requests! is it because valeera players are uncommon? Is it because nobody on the dev team plays her? I’ve asked about her in several past AMAs, got ignored most of the time and the one time i got an answer it didn’t really tell me anything other than “she’s hard to balance.” But that is not an excuse to leave her alone for so long. You’ve buffed the talents of plenty of hard to balance heroes. She should not be the exception

4 Likes

I don’t necessarily believe they don’t want to change her. It’s just that she likely isn’t a priority at the moment. Her talent tree isn’t versatile at all considering sinister strike build is like the only reasonably good build but since they are busy in DVa and Tass at the moment they prolly don’t have the time to invest onto another mini rework

But there are very simple ways to introduce more talent diversity to her. I’ve suggested them time and time again. And even just small changes to show they care would be welcome. The last time they buffed her talents it was because she’d gone the longest of any hero in the game without changes

1 Like

Everyone suggests lots of things for their heroes. It’s possible they don’t agree with any of the proposed ideas. I don’t think she is completely abandoned yet. Her changes will have to wait

13 Likes

But why do her changes have to wait if heroes the developers themselves admit are mostly fine get changes before her? Look at Chen.

1 Like

k.

I don’t see why valeera really needs much tweaking, nor do I really care. I get that some heroes get tuning and not everyone can get a touch of change, but frankly, there’s like 80 heroes on the roster, we can’t change them all; you are not the go to player to decide what should and should not get changes. Let’s just enjoy what we got in the moment.

4 Likes

Who is Valeera? sorry

Then of course you don’t think she needs changes.

Your argument about there being 80 heroes doesn’t really apply if the devs can get around to heroes they admit are mostly fine

I’m not a fan of defending the devs but it IS much easier to tweak some stuff on heroes that are already mostly fine than it is reworking entire talent tiers on a hero that is pretty controversial as is. Remember Malthael? People whined about him and in their haste, the devs kept nerfing him and tweaking and nerfing and tweaking until they gave up and just totally reworked him.

I’d definitely rather they take a slower approach with Valeera until they figure out what to do than “fix” her talent tiers in a way creates another cycle of tweaks and nerfs until they just rework her.

4 Likes

Then I guess she’s mostly fine.

You literally admitted you don’t understand her issues.

And the assumption that if the devs haven’t fixed an issue means it doesn’t exist is just ridiculous.

Scrambles to find Bingo Card

13 Likes

Heroes who require less tweaks.

Probius was buffed this patch.

Pick one.

9 Likes

Yes.
Not just QM though.

yes and he’s not the primary example of a hero who requires less tweaks.

ok boomer

Reason she needs tweaking is because there is only one build so not only can you counter pick Valeera but you can also just counter pick the build. I don’t expect a full rework on Valeera or for them to redo her whole talent tree just some buffs to some under performing talents to bring another build up to q build would be great. Talents I advise changing would be Fatal Finesse(can’t compete because of long cd and low dmg compared to q), Adrenaline Rush(you don’t need energy at 20 and smoke is used as a defensive a lvl 20 should either slow them or give more armor/last longer), and maybe Thistle(you don’t need energy at 16). Things that need a small buff are Vigor(quest that doesn’t come online till lvl 10ish but provides little more value then subtlety). (Auto attack build will always be meme tier and is trash no matter how much they buff it.)

Point being, Probius hasn’t been changed in years, and finally got some love. The issue isn’t devs ignoring problem heroes in favour of easier heroes, the issue is they’re not buffing your hero. You disguise this post like it’s an issue with the HotS team when it’s really your own personal problem.

Like, chill. Valeera will get buffs when she gets buffs. I’m sure you’ll be there to whine about how unimpactful they were when they happen.

https://i.imgur.com/lKReEBw.png

8 Likes

Its a lot easier to do a lot of these smaller fixes because they will ultimately have little impact in a heroes kit. Valeera requires a massive overhaul that takes time to execute and test because of how much needs to be changed. A lot of her talents only work on abilities she can only use once or twice in a teamfight. Besides I think even if they do make talent changes on Valeera, they really won’t help her that much overall because of her base kit being a mess.

5 Likes

Her base kit isn’t a mess though? She has 7 talents that can be considered from stealth only problem with Valeera is how weak other talents are in comparison to q build.

You always ask nerfs from other heroes but from valeera you ask for buffs or changes in talents when in fact she needs rather nerfs.