@devs, can I get an option to lose my rank points?

It’s a measure to counter boosting. I expected you to understand that much.

Another method you can take is to make friend with the masters. That’s way more efficient than going afk/dodging. Not to mention, it’s much more healthy for your games in general.

My suggestion was that if a Master level player wants to group with non-Masters friends, they cannot earn rank points in those matches, and the friends will earn reduced points depending on the rank difference. In addition, like now, if there are people in the group more than two full ranks apart (so basically gold and lower), it will give them an enemy team whose average MMR is based on the Plat and higher MMR in the group.

So for example, if you had a Master grouped with 2 Diamonds, a Plat, and a Silver, they would get a Diamond MMR match, the Master would earn 0 rank points, the Diamonds would earn something close to the normal 200, the Plat would earn 100 rank points, and the Silver would be given a token amount of points, say 25. This discourages boosting and smurfing, but still allows friends to play together if that is their goal.

1 Like

The rule also has that you can only make 2 man teams in Masters… So that doesn’t really solve the issue either.