Controls back to default, can't make profiles

Same as Heroes of the Storm Forums and another I found from like 2015 that says “Don’t revive old threads!” Fine then I’m not using the search.

I logged in today and for some reason the controls are set to default and the game won’t let me make profiles or change any of my hotkeys.

Send halp!

well, technically you couldnt do anything on that forum since its the old forums. its read only now. regardless though, if you have a ‘technical support’ issue its usaually better to create your own topic unless you see someone else with the same EXACT issue that happened just recently. reason being is if it is recent chances are its an issue that is ongoing and they need you to report it. if it happened in the past it could be completely unrelated in terms of the game.

1. try running the game with admin
  2. try deleting your settings folder (..\Documents\Heroes of the Storm)

So it just happened to me again… turns out its because on of my harddrives that I have encryption enabled on wasn’t unlocked, and I guess for some reason/somehow the game loaded, but couldn’t access my settings… I guess I had opened the launcher without it being unlocked, unlocked it, then loaded a game. I just closed everything down (including the launcher) and reopened and it worked.