Communication, same language would be nice

I haven’t noticed any particular correlation between a shared language and people following a plan in a video game, to be honest. Half the threads here are complaints about people not following the One True Draft, regardless of language.

2 Likes

Lets be honest and frank here. ENGLISH is a world known and spoken language. like latin before it, it is universally spoken as a second language by the majority of non natives because of the opportunities it affords.

Anyone who chooses not to speak English in game even if its a second language is doing so intentionally.

2 Likes

Then you’ve never tried to explain a complex idea to someone who doesn’t understand what you are saying. You probably just went through the motions of what people usually do in a game. Which works until something goes wrong and then you’re gonna have a ton of trouble correcting. People who share a language can more easily identify the problem and come up with a solution.

To be frank it’s you and others in this thread that don’t seem to see the value in it. You and others seem to think if you encounter people who don’t speak the same language it is easily worked around. Personally, I can’t wait till government organizations replace the translators they have with google translate. That will work well according to this thread.

They can. My experience, however, is that they don’t.

1 Like

I can agree with that, lot of egos in multiplayer games and people sometimes just don’t want to follow advice. However everyone speaking a different language is an added hurdle on top of that.

I agree with the OP

This is a game created in the United States of America of which more people speak English. English is the majority and since majority rules in a democracy, people must learn English to take part in North American servers and gameplay. To require people to learn another language is folly in order to maintain coherent gameplay. Speakers of other languages risk ridicule and wrath from English speakers if they so decide to play on North American servers and do not choose to learn the predominant language.

I am not bigoted. I am not just a biased English speaker. If I was forced to play on south american servers or the eu servers i would learn other languages as I would required to do so in order to maintain coherent gameplay or quit. It just happens that North American servers are predominantly English speaking and therefore learning English would be of the most benefit to non-english speakers on the server.

Pings do speak in all languages; however, communicating during the draft requires everyone speak a common tongue.

So does that mean i need to learn Russain, Frence, German and 15 other language just because they dont want to communicate in English. Better not say a word then, and stay with pings. (if people even react on that anymore)

3 Likes

so in other words you are just in favor of anything that doesn’t require effort on your part you want to be catered to . happy to say not going to happen it’s called the world wide web for a reason and if people are threatened by that stay off the web because people speak differently and think differently and that is what it’s for. if you want to play games only with people that speak your language play a board game because no matter where the game is made it is played on the World Wide Web enjoy the diversity of our planet quit trying to make a safe space where only people that speak like you can be on your team

“What you need to do is learn another language to play an online videogame”. Nah.

Why am I even responding to bait?

you want a real solution to an imagined problem

I feel like I’m having a fever dream when I read your posts.

1 Like

Not everyone has the opportunity or money to take classes and learn another language. A lot of times it’s not a matter of choice.

1 Like

I love playing with my friends from Canada, who speak French as a first language. Their accents make me feel like home. However, thankfully they speak English as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Woah! Isso ficou fora de controle. Tive a sensação de que as pessoas ignorariam o fato de que os horários das filas são o motivo pelo qual a pessoa do OP estava emparelhada com pessoas de uma região diferente.
Você quer mais pessoas que falam inglês, diga ao Murica para jogar mais HOTS.

1 Like

Lol, all these “Well just learn to speak 3 languages so you can play HotS” posts are pretty hilarious to me.

OP isn’t asking for everyone to learn English, he’s asking to play with players he can use language to encourage teamwork. Which, in a game based around teamwork, makes tons of sense.

And if pinging were as good as typing, voice chat wouldn’t be the obvious advantage that it is (don’t deny it). There’s nothing wrong with asking to be able to communicate with your team, and some people obviously don’t know how to ping to communicate because I see 2-3 people just spam clicking different objs, mercs, enemy heroes and parts of the map all at the same time.

So relax.

wanting to play with only people that speak the same language is something you do at home not on the World Wide Web and once again language doesn’t equal communication

That looks like google translate :eyes:

1 Like

That’s true, on top of that every human have a different set of skills, some will find learning English a piece of cake while others can find it difficult, yes there’s the average difficulty for languages, English is considered one of the easiest in learning while languages like Modern Arabic and Japanese falls into hard by the majority but that doesn’t change my point that there’s some people may find learning a language difficult especially English.

For me I never took major lessons in English, most of English I learnt comes from playing a lot of video games.

1 Like

So, you’re telling me wanting to play a game based on cooperation with people that speak your language is some kind of wrong-doing? Essentially people play the game wrong if they all play with the same speaking people on their friends list? The pros are all doing it wrong because they all speak the same language?

The only wrong thing is telling someone to play the game how they don’t want to, and who has the right to tell others how to play? How do you?

Again, so there’s no obvious advantage to a team that uses voice chat, and one that only pings? Guess the pros are doing all sorts of things wrong.

ur not a pro for ur info

1 Like