Communication, same language would be nice

Ah, emotionally motivated. Got it.

I’m afraid you don’t got it, again

1 Like

it’s funny but i don’t think you are responding to anything i said

This alone makes me wish if you could only ctrl + c the chat (it didn’t work for me) or integrate google translator to the game somehow.

Anyways, it isn’t all that bad. It could be quite interesting, for example I discovered that my old account name meant nerd in three different languages, perhaps even more. :joy:

If you can guess which language it is before you put it into Google Translate, you get a gold star sticker on your forehead.

Yes, I am fluent in that language.

Can i guess too?

Guess Portuguese (no idea if original, brazilian, or whatever).

I´m way better with the spoken than the written forms, so i´m a bit on thin ice here.

1 Like

:star: applied to rcw’s forehead Yay!

You may put it into Google Translate rcw, unless you know how to read it.

Wish I knew how to do that arrow thing you did in your post so I can tell you more details without giving it away. Trust level needed?

1 Like

I totally agree. We’re the world wide generation and we must know the language that will obviously dominate in the world. Nobody can deny that it is time to learn Chinese.

< details>< summary>Visible Text< /summary>
Hidden Content
< /details>

Just without the leading spaces within the brackets. No idea if TL3 is need, just try it and see if it works.

1 Like

I found a nice resource within the hots forums.

Remove space after each <

< details>< summary>Click Me< /summary>
Hidden Text
< /details>

I copy and pasted it and it gave me a bunch of characters that weren’t compatible. So I had to type the < > by hand.

Answer Brazilian Portuguese, though I'm sure they are both written the same.
2 Likes

Sorry, my fault, try editing out the slash in the first details marker. I fixed the error in the above post too.

1 Like

Oh shoot, you got here first RCW. But yeah, Brazilian Portuguese. I know because I’m brazilian :stuck_out_tongue: :brazil:

I also knew it was brazilian portuguese because it had “fato” in it, and in Portugal they say “facto”

2 Likes

:star: applied to Darak’s forehead Yay!

2 Likes

Those incompatible characters are known as HTML entities, more info about them can be found here.

The best paractice when you are copying a line of code and to avoid those characters from appearing is to “Paste as Plain Text” (or press Ctrl + Shift + V) on the forums.

Also to avoid the following:

Insert the whole code block which can be done with ``` from below and above and should give you something similar to the one down below (yes i’m using different HTML elements that do not work here for obvious reasons):

<p>Basically you get something like this, pretty cool if you are a coding nerd like me.</p>

<form>
  <input type="radio" name="Food" id="pineapple-pizza-cake"> Pineapple Pizza Cake
  <input type="radio" name="Food" id="cheese-cake"> Cheese Cake
  <input type="radio" name="Food" id="chocolate-cake"> Chocolate Cake
</form>

Like the name of markdown says, its used to add code for blocks :wink:

same thing can be done with [code], make sure it ends with [/code].

2 Likes

Dude, teach yourself a few key words, like soak, objective, top, middle, bottom, and mercenaries. The rest are just fluff. If it takes 15 words to convey soak top you are waisting game time. Do you need to see how to they are flaming each other, to know it’s useless information?

2 Likes

:star: applied to SamiSha’s forehead Yay!

Giving out a bunch of Gold Stars today! :star_struck:

2 Likes

This is actually a fun game if you know some languages that have been around each other for for a while, even if you speak barely a word of it. Lets see how far i come before giving up in frustration.

1. Step one, isolate words that sound suspicously familiar from other languages; subject to correction later on.

Woah! (no translation needed here) Isso ficou fora (“forum”? this sentence is hard) de controle (controle). Tive a sensação (this leads me so hard to “sensation” but it would make no sense) de que as pessoas ignorariam (ignorant/ignorance) o fato (was going with fate here, but that does not make sense and Darak´s hint put me on “fact”) de que os horários das filas (this sounds like lat. filia, “daugther”, but also no sense here) busão o motivo (motive/motivation?) pelo qual a pessoa do OP estava emparelhada com (if this does not come from a certain latin word i am not allowed to use here and meaning “with” …) pessoas de uma região diferente (different region(s)). Você (Portuguese is a romanic language and this sounds a lot like vox, so voice/say/speak/tongue/…) quer mais (i know this word in two languages, where they mean something completely different, so i had to look it up) pessoas que falam inglês (english, just know that one), diga ao Murica (America in the sense of USA) para jogar (play) mais HOTS.

1. Use some context

Woah! Isso ficou fora de control. Tive a sensação de que as pessoas (languages, just by topic, frequency, context and singular/plural mixed in the text) ignorariam o fato (“ignorant of/ignoring the fact”) de que os horários das filas são o motivo pelo qual a pessoa do OP (language of the OP?) estava emparelhada com pessoas de uma região diferente (“with languages of a different region”).
Você quer mais pessoas que falam inglês (“speak more languages than just/only english”?), diga ao Murica para jogar mais HOTS (“while/when playing more HotS”).

1. Try to make sense of the snippets and bring it together

Hmm, pretty hard to make it complete from what i got. But i get the distinct feeling you do not agree with the OP.

Now on to google translate to see if i was on the right track.

EDIT: google translate is quite the mess, but i was somehwat right on most of the snippets. Yay me.

1 Like

Woah! Isso ficou fora de controle. Tive a sensação de que as pessoas ignorariam o fato de que os horários das filas são o motivo pelo qual a pessoa do OP estava emparelhada com pessoas de uma região diferente.
Você quer mais pessoas que falam inglês, diga ao Murica para jogar mais HOTS.

Translated with Google which was very accurate:
Woah! That got out of hand. I had a feeling that people would ignore the fact that queuing times are the reason the OP person was paired with people from a different region.
You want more people who speak English, tell Murica to play more HOTS.

You got many of the words, from their relationships to the other languages, specially since American English borrows from a lot of languages. I used Murica as slang and since Portuguese doesn’t have a word for that, it didn’t translate.

Another :star: applied to rcw’s forehead. Good Job!

1 Like

Into english, yes. I did not translate it into english :wink:

Oh, you meant the parts you tried working out yourself.
Got yah!