Collection, (Un)Ranked and Shop Disabled + Weird bug

Hello. I have been playing HoTS for over a year and am now having problem accessing some of its contents. A few days ago, as I was browsing the game’s Collection looking for some skins to buy, a message suddenly appeared in the Chat section, stating that the system will shut down in 30 minutes. And then, a few minutes later, I was disconnected from Battlenet and forced to exit the game.

A few hours later, I could log back in again, but some of the game’s contents had been disabled, namely Collection (heroes, skins, mounts, etc), Ranked/Unranked, and literally any content that I do not own but want to buy, including gems, shards and boosts. This also means that any hero that I do not own or is not free to play is also completely absent, their portraits not even showing up in the hero roster anymore, instead displaying a blank slot.

There is now also a weird bug: no matter what hero I pick and play with, when the match starts, their skin switches back to default, their mount to the Alterac Ram, and their in-game voice lines and sprays are switched to those of Garrosh, who I also used the Alterac Ram mount with. I have tried many heroes in some AI games with friends, and they all used Garrosh lines and sprays during the match, which my teammates also noted (imagine hearing Abathur say “Hellscream’s eyes are upon you.”). It’s like the game thinks I have picked Garrosh, and so uses whatever setting I had chosen for him, that is, his mount, his spray, and his voice line. And after each game, no matter what hero I picked last, it hovers back to Garrosh, as if I just played him.

I have tried several methods to solve this, to no avail:

1. Scan and repair the game
  2. Uninstall and reinstall the game
  3. run Battlenet as admin and do the previous steps
  4. restart the system
  5. restart the router
  6. delete variable.txt
  7. uninstall and reinstall Battlenet
  8. use vpn just to see if a different IP would help
  9. try different regions (NA, Asia, EU)
  10. flush router dns
  11. play some custom games
  12. disable antivirus
  13. Connect to a different network
  14. update Windows

Apparently, this issue has been running in my country - Iran - for several days. I just hope it gets fixed soon. I have been playing HoTS for over a year and have never had this issue before, and would very much love to keep playing it.

Thank you in advance, and looking forward to hearing from you soon.

PS. I also posted the same thing on Bug Report, but so far no reply.

1 Like

I have the same problem AND IT GOT WORSE. I tried deleting Blizzard Entertainment folder as it was suggested on a forum by a Blizzard employee and now I CANT SEE ANYTHING IN THE GAME!!!

cant see any heroes, cant see anything in collection. I CANT EVEN LOOK AT MY PROFILE.

please someone help.

i have the same problem.
cant see anything!!! :frowning_face:
please help us.

change vpn and test again…

1 Like

i used betternet vpn. search and download then use it and enjoy. :wink:

Oh wow, thank you so much for the hint! I DID use vpn before but it never worked. It didn’t occur to me to try another one. I used Windscribe and the issue was fixed, played a couple of games, then disconnected from Windscribe, and the game was still working without it :smiley: I don’t know how to thank you man :smiley:

your welcome. gl hf :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.