CDC Returns May 2019

Greetings once again to all of our lovely character designers and fans of Blizzard. The ninth Concept Design Contest will be returning May 4th for anyone who wishes to put forth their concepts in a community judged contest to determine who has the best design, with constant feedback and some extra spotlight for the winner. If this is your first time seeing this contest, here is some information for you:

The idea for this contest is that anyone who wants to would sign up, and on the start of May, a thread would be posted with all the relevant information. Each contest will have a theme to it, and everybody that signs up is expected to make a brand new concept based on that theme. Anyone who creates a concept will have a week to finish their base concept and submit it to the forums with a link to the contest thread. This will start the contest. The contest will have three judges, who will each take one week to look over the designs, commenting and helping out with the design. The week breakdown will go as follows:

Sign-Up
Saturday, May 4
This is when the concept will be posted, and anyone can sign up for the contest! The judges will also be sorted out on this day. Judges are not able to make concepts themselves.

Week One
Sunday, May 5 - Saturday, May 11
This week is for the base concept. This is simply the abilities and the role. A judge will comment on the Sunday that follows.

Week Two
Monday, May 13 - Saturday, May 18
This week is for the talents. This means a fully fleshed out talent tree set up with the tiers in order. A judge will comment on the Sunday that follows.

Week Three
Monday, May 20 - Saturday, May 25
This week is for the finishing touches. This includes fluff, stats, additional notes, skins, and whatever else you want to add. A judge will comment on the Sunday that follows.

Week Four
Monday, May 26 - Saturday, June 1
This week is the last week for changes to the concept. All major work should be finished by this week, and major changes are risky. The judges will keep a close eye on the concepts, coming to their own opinions.

Finale
Sunday, May 2 - Tuesday, May 4
All changes are closed. The judges will gather to determine who is the ultimate winner of the contest, announcing the winner sometime on Tuesday.

In order to get this contest running, I am going to need participants. This thread is to gather community interest, and look for another two judges. Both of the other judge spots are open. If you would like to judge, leave a comment below.

Participants
•Marrossi
•Labreris
•Who You Expect
•Damian
•Efede
•Melke
•Mr. CLFN
•

Judges
•Bliztron
•Waterlong
•Nortin

2 Likes

I’m super happy that CDC is back. :grinning: Hope that it will go better for me than the last time.

I will join.

Woo, time to lose to Nortin agai–

A fair chance, you say?

-Ehem- Jokes about how he seems to win every time aside, I’m definitely bound to be participating again(unless there’s a last minute judge mishap or something).

1 Like

Im in for it like always.

That’s just around finals at my university, so I’ll probably end up in a “have a bunch of ideas, but no time to actually write them down” type of situation (again).

But count me in, anyway!

On another topic…

Is this going to be Star Wars themed? :stuck_out_tongue:

You can bet your but I’m partaking.
Lowkey don’t even know the theme but I’m there

With the recent decrease of new hero releases I have got the idea for possible new CDC theme/topic: Hero rework, choose one of the more udated heroes and rework them to better fit current meta and their lore/original game.

That might be interesting.

Remember all, just one more week until we the theme gets announced!

1 Like

Sign me up. We’ll see what happens