CDC Returns April 2020

Greetings once again to all of our lovely character designers and fans of Blizzard. The thirteenth Concept Design Contest will be returning April 5th for anyone who wishes to put forth their concepts in a community judged contest to determine who has the best design, with constant feedback and some extra spotlight for the winner. If this is your first time seeing this contest, here is some information for you:

The idea for this contest is that anyone who wants to would sign up, and on the start of April, a thread would be posted with all the relevant information. Each contest will have a theme to it, and everybody that signs up is expected to make a brand new concept based on that theme. Anyone who creates a concept will have a week to finish their base concept and submit it to the forums with a link to the contest thread. This will start the contest. The contest will have three judges, who will each take one week to look over the designs, commenting and helping out with the design. The week breakdown will go as follows:

Sign-Up
Saturday, April 5
This is when the concept will be posted, and anyone can sign up for the contest! The judges will also be sorted out on this day. Judges are not able to make concepts themselves.

Week One
Sunday, April 6 - Saturday, April 12
This week is for the base concept. This is simply the abilities and the role. A judge will comment on the Sunday that follows.

Week Two
Monday, April 14 - Saturday, April 19
This week is for the talents. This means a fully fleshed out talent tree set up with the tiers in order. A judge will comment on the Sunday that follows.

Week Three
Monday, April 21 - Saturday, April 26
This week is for the finishing touches. This includes fluff, stats, additional notes, skins, and whatever else you want to add. A judge will comment on the Sunday that follows.

Week Four
Monday, April 27 - Saturday, May 2
This week is the last week for changes to the concept. All major work should be finished by this week, and major changes are risky. The judges will keep a close eye on the concepts, coming to their own opinions.

Finale
Sunday, May 3 - Wednesday, May 6
All changes are closed. The judges will gather to determine who is the ultimate winner of the contest, announcing the winner as soon as possible.

In order to get this contest running, I am going to need participants. This thread is to gather community interest, and look for another two judges. Both of the other judge spots are open. If you would like to judge, leave a comment below.

Participants
•Kethcup
•Android
•Lalutation
•Damian
•Cammykins
•Melke
•WhoYouExpect
•
•
•
•

Judges
•Bliztron
•Waterlong
•

2 Likes

ill judge i suppose

wwwwwwwwww

1 Like

I’ll definitely join (and cause of this quarentine, I won’t leave in the middle)

Let’s hope I get a decentish idea

1 Like

I’m in as a contestant aswell
I asume that the theme has been decided already?

3 Likes

I’m probably signing up.

In as always, also just learnt you need 20 minimum to post?.

I’ve run into that 5 times already :sweat_smile:

Im in this. Let’s see what the theme is.

I thought you didn’t want to come up with concepts.
The right attitude! You always have to go forward!

Also considering the corona situation, I have more time than I literally need right now lol.

1 Like

OPeration: Melke will get higher then 75 somehow is a go
Let’s do this

1 Like

Just use the <> keys on extra text lol.

Don’t worry, I’m participating instead of judging, I can’t harsh your vibe this time. (^_^’)7 (/s)

But. Yeah. Participation. We’ll see where that goes.

Please stop calling it the Coronavirus and start referring to it by COVID-19. Corona Beer didn’t deserve this.

3 Likes

Yes, the contest theme has been chosen for this CDC.

I wish everyone the best of luck!

1 Like

I will write it here so that people do not lose sight of this topic.

Operation melke will get a 74 is a go! :stuck_out_tongue:

Bite me creature

Mmmmmm Tastes like me

Sold - count me in. I’ve got a few concepts floating around in my brain. Also, (and, sadly I can’t prove it) I posted a Medivh rework thread which was, with exception of a single talent, verbatim implemented and therefore I feel like I’ve got a snowball’s chance in hell.

Sunday is the 5th imo

1 Like