CDC #11 - Pint-Sized Palooza

There we go after a hectic rush,

All the reviews are finally finished and are being posted. I truly apologize for the delay for all of you; life has not been fun to deal with. For my severe lateness, we will push back the due dates from November 2nd to November 5th (3 additional days), remaining at 11:59 EST. Good luck to everyone on week 4!

Ok, here are the standings so far.
1st) Kelsey Steelspark at 53
2nd) High Tinker Gelbin Mekatorque at 51
3rd) Toki Timetinker at 50
4th and 5th) Lilā€™ Deathwing and Ilumina at 49 a piece
6th) Noggenfogger at 44
7th) Rin with 42
8th) Rakanishu at 41

Just in case anyone was curious :slight_smile:

Although there is to be one more judging iā€™m Fairly certain the standings wonā€™t change much if any.

Having three different opinions discussing something can lead to some realization about things that one person alone wouldnā€™t have seen sometimes. Thereā€™s a definite chance some standings change drastically on Week 4.

As a former judge of many CDCs i can tell you that a score can change around very heavily, like take that Rakanishu i might win with a gigantic score bonus from Week 4 due to bonus points for example whereas the Kelsey or Gelbin might end up last cause of it.

Is good to know where scores are pre-final week at least.

True enough, things could change. I based the thought that they wouldnā€™t off the previous scorings where there were some characters that started with good scores and just got higher throughout and some that started low and got better. Like my noggenfogger, it started with a bad score but has improved a bit, but kelsey steelspark has had good scores all along. So i was thinking that 1st place would have to REALLY screw up to lose their position. But it could change. Itā€™ll be fun to see the final tallies. :grin:

Sometimes it does happen for sure where it stays the same, i remember Nortins first time running it and he knocked us all away and won it almost perfectly, think only one other person i can recall had perfect scores more than once.

Still wish theyā€™d hurry up xP my mind canā€™t focus 100% on my next two concepts till i know the last results for this one.

Thanks to everyone for participating in the eleventh Concept Design Contest, judged by myself, Kyyteo, and Mr. CLFN! All of the scores have just been posted. This contest theme was more lax than others, and had a fair bit of freedom to it, and in result we have seen some amazing designs that have wowed the judges. Congratulations to all of you for your effort, and more than anything your patience. And now for the resultsā€¦

The winner of the eleventh CDC is Nortin, whose Kelsey concept took two familiar concepts and combined them in a very interesting way with a very impressive talent tree, earning a score of 94/100. Link found here: [CDC #11] Kelsey Steelspark, Gnomeregan Operative - #2 by Defective-11561

The runner-up was Damianā€™s Gelbin concept, which went with the tried and true and expertly adapted his raid fight appearance to a HotS concept, earning a score of 92/100. Link found here: [CDC] High Tinker Gelbin Mekkatorque

Finally, for the honorable mention, Legendairy has been chosen by the judges for the great improvements they made to their Noggenfogger concept. While the had difficulty starting off, their willingness to respond to feedback served them well.

With the end of the contest, Iā€™d like to congratulate every participant again for their hard work and success on their concepts. Once again, I apologize to how long it took to finalize results, and want to emphasize how amazing all of your concepts were. I look forward to the next CDC, and hope to see everyone who competed this time showing their talents again for the next CDC!

2 Likes

Super Fun, Canā€™t wait for the next one. :slight_smile: