Caram comic #166: Knowledge is Power

<-Prev Comic | Next comic->

My Comic AMA:

8 Likes

I´m not big in WoW lore, but i think i remember him from playing Hearthstone ages ago: it´s a desciple of Medivh that goes by Khadgar or so?

Is he really that annoying?

1 Like

Ask Legion players :smiley:

I take that as a yes then.

1 Like

Yes, but it also means we would find out what the Nexus actually is.

He isn’t really annoying and he’s actually pretty funny. Out of all the mages involved in the Kirin Tor, he’s the kind of mage to be lighthearted.

He was trained by Medivh to become the next Guardian of Tirisfal which is a position where a single mage is appointed to accept a great deal of power to protect Azeroth from any threats. Medivh was corrupted by the legion and the last Guardian of Tirisfal was Medivh’s mother, Aegwyn.

Khadgar declined the position because he felt that no mortal should have that kind of power and now, usually appears any time the legion poses a threat.

However, he did have a quest where he asked you to collect almost 5000 shards of something only to remember that he only needed 1, lol.

Actually he didn’t. He would, but he never had the opportunity to choose.

He did, before the legion expansion. A demon came disguised as Medivh’s memory and offered him guardianship, which he declined for that reason. The demon then revealed itself and Khadgar killed it.

Knowledge is power.

****Sends X/Y coordinates on the map with a heat traced missile (300 damage).****

1 Like

What I meant, that you cannot decline a position, if you never actually got it. That demon wouldn’t be able to grant the Guardian role to him. It’s also arguable that Khadgar might noticed the trick.
But he would decline, because he did with thhe demon.

In the video, Khadgar interpreted the offer as legitimate. So while it wasn’t an “actual” offer, he did treat it as such when he was contemplating accepting it. So the reasoning for declining is still there.

The reason I give this as an example is because it speaks to his character so that rcw understands the kind of character Khadgar is. That’s why I’m not even entertaining the semantics you’re trying to address.

1 Like

Eh, I believe he realised that it was a demonic temptation. He more than likely knew what Medivh did during WCIII, which highlights he wouldn’t want another Guardian, thus it must be trick.
You say it is semantics, I say what you just said is not true. But in the end, Khadgar (for whatever reason) declined an offer that promised him to become the Guardian.
I just wanted to make the situation more clear.

I don’t believe he realized it had demonic influence when he first considered it. Based on the video, it looks more like he was genuinely considering guardianship and that he believed Medivh had indeed predicted it would come to this decision one day.

Khadgar does share his thoughts when considering guardianship.

So while it was not an “official” offer, I do feel that he declined as if it was an official offer.

3 Likes

Nova says, Knowledge is Pow!

1 Like