Can't play HoTS

Yesterday everything was fine, but today game doesn’t go further than authentication. It’s stuck on it for a moment and after that I get a circling circle without an option to enter everything I need in order to login! Any ideas how to fix it?

Hi there LoneSinWolf,

On this case, it sounds like a DNS change was done on your ISP. If you changed nothing and it just started, that is a very likely cause. One test would be to change the region you are logging in to on the app, if it works, it is clear that is the issue.

One of the steps we can try is changing the DNS service. You have two options that we can suggest that are free.

Another thing to try is a Mobile hotspot. it would bypass any ISP issue and tell us if the computer or the network is the cause.

If nothing here helps, I think at this point it would be best to open a tech support ticket with a msinfo.

/Nathardrick

Hello Nathardrick

I turned off firewall and could get further than authentication, but it didn’t help much, because instead of ready button it’s stuck on please wait. I can’t open tech support ticket because when I try to do that it says ask the community!

EDIT: Adding this game among firewall exceptions doesn’t help.

Hey there LoneSinWolf,

Since the game itself authenticates through the Blizzard app I’d definitely like to continue troubelshooting this by doing a clean install of the app.

If you have any security applications such as antivirus or antimalware, uninstalling them temporarily as a test is also a good method to ensure the connection isn’t being blocked.

Beyond that I do recommend testing what Nathardrick mentioned about trying a mobile hotspot (or other different network) to verify if it’s a network issue vs an issue with the computer itself.

Hello Kaldraydis,

It looks like yesterday’s issue has suddenly disappeared (I don’t know how), because, when I tried to play HoTS today, everything worked and still works fine without any problems.

Anyway, thank you both for trying to help me! I really appreciate it!