Can't Log in to HOTS, but I'm logged into Battle.net. App

Can’t Log in to HOTS, I am logged into the Battlenet. but the game does pass the authentication. I’ve looked for driver updates, uninstalled/reinstalled both HOTS and the Battlenet App, still no luck game doesn’t load. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Hey, WhaDMC!

Does this happen on the Americas and European regions? Do you have the ability to disable IPV6 on your local network to see if it helps at all?

im having same problem says version mismatch please update launcher but its all upto date

Hi there Chuppi,

On yours, I would want to fully clear out the app and then run a scan and repair on the game.

Perform Steps 1-5 here after that do not reinstall yet but follow these additional steps:

  1. Open file explorer/file manager
  2. Type the following into the address bar (not the search bar): %APPDATA%
  3. Delete the Bnet and blizzard folders inside the appdata folder if they exist.
  4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 with %LOCALAPPDATA% and %TEMP%
  5. Empty the recycle bin.
  6. Scan and repair.

If this does not help, then this is caused by a firewall. I would try disabling the firewalls you may have.

Last, a new connection may be worth a try. Using a mobile tether or hotspot would be a quick way to see if the home network is the cause. Many times a network block is the cause of failing to see a patch, this will let us know if it is related.

/Nathardrick

Same. I get to the “Authenticating” part but then it says I can’t connect to Blizzard - but I can still play Diablo 3 and talk with friends in the Battle App. I’ve tried all the fixes suggested on the website, including some of my own. Nothing helps.

It’s doing the same for me… I get into the battle.net app fine, everything is up to date. Click HOTS, region Americas, says authentication, then version mismatch. Closed the app, rebooted the computer, same thing.

For kicks and giggles I tried this and now it’s saying HotS can’t finish the Scan and Repair until another update is finished - problem is, nothing else is updating/installing. Nothing is happening…

Now I’m getting something else - now after being on the “Authentication” page for like 5 minutes it simply says an error has occurred, my log in time has expired, and it cannot connect.

1 Like