Cannot start a game in Asia region

Hi,

not sure why but I cannot start the game when I am in the asia region, when i login to the game, i cannot ready, cannot see my golds and gems. However if i log into other server like US and EUR it is okay.

tried to play tutorial, tried to uninstall all the battle net and HOTs and remove all the program data and app data still not work, tried to connect different wifi.a please help.

Hey, chenhonlamb! It sounds like with the missing assets, there’s a problem with the connection to the asia region servers, which is why US and EU work.

Could you try seeing if an alternative connection or VPN helps in this situation? If it does, could you try a public DNS like Google or Cloudflare after?

If another connection works, but the DNS change does not, there’s probably a connection routing issue. This may require talking with the ISP and their peering partners, but we can take a look at the connection route by gathering a WinMTR test? Run the test while attempting to connect until the problem occurs for 10 to 15 minutes. Copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:

~~~
WinMTR Here
~~~

If you have issues pasting here, use Pastebin and post the end of the link. (ie. 123456 for pastebin.com/123456)

I originally posted my problem on another thread but as per your request there (https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/heroes/t/cant-access-collection-and-some-heroes-unavailable/45132/5), I will post in this one for Asia.

I uploaded screenshots with captions to Imgur to detail the issue (https://imgur.com/a/NJ6rauV).

I tried the following troubleshooting as provided by Blizzard but to no avail:

• Article 99037 - Connection Troubleshooting;
  • Article 31851 - Power Cycling Your Network;
  • Article 31320 - Optimizing Your Internet Connection;
  • Article 31024 - Updating Your Drivers and Operating System;
  • Article 82450 - IP Release, Renew, and Flush DNS;
  • Article 23848 - Closing Background Applications; and
  • Article 23672 - Troubleshooting Security Applications.

Additional details:

• I first noticed the issue at around 11:50 PM HKT on 19 October 2020;
  • I use LAN and not WiFi;
  • With the same account, I can log into NA and EU fine;
  • With an alternate account, I can log into NA and EU as well as Asia fine;
  • I tried uninstalling and reinstalling HoTS multiple times;
  • I tried my ISP’s default DNS, Google’s DNS and Cloudflare’s DNS (without WARP);
  • I tried connecting with my NordVPN account;
  • I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Battle.net app; and
  • I tried installing Battle.net beta app.

After doing all of the abovementioned, I finally opened a ticket with Blizzard support at around 11:00 PM HKT on 20 October 2020. Without trying anything further, I logged in again at around 12:30 AM HKT on 20 October 2020 but the problem still persisted.

Blizzard support replied at around 4:23 AM HKT of 21 October 2020 which basically provided the following:

• same troubleshooting suggestions as provided in Article 99037;
  • suggested to try additional troubleshooting if problem persisted (but did not refer to any); and
  • confirmed that all my characters were still on the account (no mention of my in-game currencies).

After seeing Blizzard support’s reply, I logged into HoTS at around 9:35 AM HKT on 21 October 2020 and found everything had returned to normal. It should be noted that I had done no more troubleshooting since opening a ticket.

Although I’m happy the issue appears to be resolved, I ended up spending a lot of time jumping through a lot of hoops which ultimately didn’t feel like it had helped at all.