Cannot see anything after Deathwing Patch

I open up the game as soon as the servers are back online after the Deathwing patch is in, but I cannot see anything once the game opens. I can still switch to other applications on my computer. I can hear the background music and friends inviting me to parties. I can press shortcuts like F1 through 4 to scroll through the game menu. What is happening? I’m playing on an iMac. Is it a Macintosh issue? Please help.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue on my Macbook Pro. The screen loads differently (becomes windowed and is slow to load) then when the app comes up, it’s a black screen with the styled cursor and music but nothing else. If you hover over the bottom right, you get a text cursor, assuming that’s the chat bar. Nothing else though.

1 Like

Also, reinstalling the app doesn’t help. Still get the same issue.

1 Like

See: Pitch Black Screen after DW Patch - #8 by klopfdreh-2889

1 Like

Im in the same boat. everything has always run perfectly for 4+ years, and its a black screen with the hots stylized cursor. tried restarting computer, uninstalled and reinstalled hots, still the same.

Mac OS Mojave 10.14
2017 iMac
3.8 ghz intel core i5
40gb memory
radeon pro 580

patiently waiting for a new patch that will fix this. its “running” and I can switch to other applications but I only have an all black screen.

Does switching to Windowed mode (CMD+M) help with the issue, knives?