Cannot get HoTS to work

I have tried everything recommended to me back in August 2019. At that time it said the computer was missing MSVCR120.dll or whatever and I downloaded the Microsoft Visual C++ and it still didn’t work and gave up. Here I am January 2020, still trying to get this and StarCraft II to work and now it doesn’t even give me an error. Just simply states the game files are damaged. I have installed/uninstalled this game at least 5 times and tried to update all my drivers. Here is the error code I get “488DD4E4-82E1-4B50-8DCB-97CA85FC28F4”. Please help…

Hey, Velanthra! It looks like StarCraft II is crashing too. Both of these crashes are caused by OneDrive being on the system. It’s currently synced with the Documents folder.

Try unsyncing OneDrive. Please do not uninstall OneDrive as this will not resolve the issue.

If it persists, check on the Documents folder to de-sync the folder. You can do this by right-clicking on the OneDrive icon (Blue Cloud), then under Settings > Account select “Choose folders” to disable the Documents folder syncs or click on Stop Sync.

1 Like