Can peoples who atentionally throw game get ban?

if you used any logic at all this conversation would have never happened but because you are one of the forum knights your stance makes sense. The game is what it is despite what you want it to be for the game to get better theses facts would have to be acknowledged . This will not happen so the game will remain as it is . None of this has anything to do with me on a personal lvl no matter how hard you try to make it seem that way. Your personal attacks on me are just a symptom of a corrupt and failing game . triggered or not the truth remains

:man_facepalming:

Sorry, not gonna lol emoji anymore because this is getting sad.

What you said made zero sense in regards of what we were discussing. Read from the beginning.

This was about ‘does banning do anything, mean anything, should it be done’ or whatever in that line. Nothing else. This was not about state of the game, smurfs, or whatever, however you’re mixing it with. But seems like that ban meant so much (taking it personally when it comes to discussion about bans), it blocks you from thinking coherently.

Btw, you replied to him. That was what started the conversation between you and him.

Go live your life in fear if you think i’m actually stalking you lol. You lost an argument and got triggered. Simple as that.

You got mad and now think i’m stalking you. Ye maybe it would be for the better if everyone just placed you on thier ignore list forever casue you live in fear of getting spoken to.

1 Like

yea because it’s not the same people in every forum defending this games flaws so yea you stalk the forum with your cronies looking to get triggered so you have a reason to attack every post that says something about the game you don’t like . nothing has changed

you are just very confused about bans . I am proof they do not work . Hope you think I am the anomaly that would be funny. .Forest for the Trees

Not in the slightest.

Again, I beg to differ, from the reaction you’re showing.

Either way, that is why we’re having a discussion. Then, you started to have nervous breakdown or something, bringing in unrelated topics, completely missing the point of what we’re discussing, etc.

Also, let’s revisit the question you didn’t answer, shall we?

If you think banning means nothing, what do you propose we, or Blizz do? Let trolls/feeders do whatever they want? Don’t tell me your answer is ‘yes’, unless you want to lose the argument straight out.

Banning does do something, way more than ‘not doing anything’. If you’re advocating for ‘not doing anything’, it will only expose your color, and that, it wasn’t really corrupt dev’s fault that you got banned (funnily enough. I didn’t know your main account got banned. I was speaking in general/neutral perspective, but you had to expose yourself because you took it personally). If you want more correct punishment system, that’s fine. But your stance did look like, banning means nothing, so don’t ban anyone, which is hogwash. So, is it?

2 Likes

It is consistently predictable. I’d suggest not wasting your time speaking to someone whose mind is so closed, best to just mute and move on.

I accept that to some players bans in Hots mean very little as they don’t care about their account and can just make a new one and with the 150 gem hero bundle fill out their roster of heroes pretty quickly.

As I said though, it’s only some players who feel like this. Many care about their accounts so a ban is a deterrent to them. Should the whole report/suspension/ban system be improved? Yes. Is this likely to happen in the near future considering Microsoft has bought out Blizzard and no changes have been made to the report system since 2018?

No, it’s very unlikely we will see any changes to the report system for some time.

2 Likes

Bans mean a lot… like a lot. I’m still salty about my other account ban and it frustrates me to my core.

I just think any report system should include real person monitoring/reviewing. That way if the system detects anything, it can be reviewed by someone who can look at the big picture and will have context an automated system cannot obtain. It will completely rid the game of false reports, and suspensions/bans will be given to people who actually deserve it like those who say offensively racist things, give out death threats, tell others to kill themselves, throw matches, feed, afk, etc., not ban individuals who try to correct behavior even though they were toxic in the past.

I’ve said before that people are responsible for their actions, which they are, but after my account got banned I see things a little differently. After working to not be offensive or toxic in any context after my first suspension, I still got banned. According to the support page I saw recently, apparently that “slippery slope” I always mentioned doesn’t exist… but I’m still curious as to why I got banned since I really tried to clean up my behavior. It just makes me believe that there are a lot of really sensitive people out there just ready to report for any little thing, and a person actually reviewing it would make the report system more effective. Then, when you get that infamous email that actions were taken on your account you’d see exactly why.

Improvement of the report system is greatly needed so that it isn’t abused, but bans should still be given to those who deserve it. Not everybody is a troll who doesn’t care, I’d imagine there are many more people who care if they account got banned than trolls who don’t.

2 Likes

I agree with you and said as much. I only conceded the point to BrokenCrow that there is a certain kind of person who doesn’t care about bans and just makes new accounts. As you pointed out, those kind of people are by far the minority.

I know I would be quite upset if my account was banned, as I would not only lose my Hots account, but all the other Blizzard games I own.

As for the report system, you’re correct when you say many people abuse it. As there is no punishment for falsely reporting someone, it’s open to abuse by people who use it as a kind of placebo for whatever perceived slight from another player. Many times on these forums people have stated they report people for abusive chat if they feel someone “played bad” and other silly stuff like that.

Personally I preferred the old report system that just added increasing suspension and silence penalties with each new offense. Considering the report system is primarily automated, it seemed to be a more fair system over banning accounts. I know it worked as I had a (former) friend who was basically permanently silenced as they continued to be toxic and then given a six month suspension. I don’t know what become of them after that (I unfriended them), but it did keep them out of ranked and stopped them from typing abuse in other matches.

1 Like

I wasn’t disagreeing with you or challenging what you said, I just wanted to put emphasis on both of those statements because the report system needs a rework.

I believe that if your hots account gets banned, your other games aren’t affected.

I think this would be an acceptable solution as well. You still can’t play, and are kind of given a “hey go take a walk for a bit pal”. You’re unable to play, but as long as you keep it together and be a nice human being, you’re allowed to play. I mean people can easily make new accounts anyway, but I don’t think we’ll have as many players create new accounts just because they hate blizzard for banning their main accounts, and be toxic on their new accounts.

I mean it makes little difference since toxic people will find a way to continue to be toxic, but I really think that it could decrease the amount of toxicity from some people, since the players won’t be as incentivized to create smurf accounts because their main got banned. They’d just sit and wait the time and then hopefully be better. But if you ban it, they’ve already lost everything and someone who’s mad about losing it has no filter anymore, they already lost everything.

2 Likes

What will them being banned do for you other than give you the satisfaction that someone who pissed u off is getting punished? It will not undo your rage, it will not undo your losses. Accept that this is HotS and there’s nothing you can do about it, stop complaining and accept that not every player is good or consistent.

Whats stopping someone from say myself from making 10-20 alt accounts and using them to throw every ranked and qm possible before getting a week ban and moving onto the next alt account and repeat. Might as well kill off this dead game anyways.

Well, being in a healthy mental state, for one. But I could name a few other reasons. Having a better use of one’s time is another. Not enough social connections is also a possibility.
Once these qualities are missing then yeah, that’s an issue. But can we really consider this group of people a majority?

i’d say not unless they were hired to do so by a competitor… but the game is already pretty much dead as Blizz itself killed it off cause it wasn’t buying bobby kotic a few new yachts every year.

You must be bored in your life if you really do that kind of crap. Hope you were just being sarcastic about that casue then you are not any better then the trolls who enjoy making others quit for fun.

1 Like

Thought about it, haven’t done it. Tbh to much effort.

1 Like

LOL bans do nothing . If they work why am I still playing ?. Try some reading comprehension I never advocated anything . Sorry if this blows your tiny mind. As for the corrupt Dev named VENOM he was just another part of the game problems like you and the forum knights. Venom banned me for being unrepentant about not choosing a healer in ARAM . I know you are not supposed to use names but I just want all the stupid people to understand how little bans help this game. So they can ban me but I am not going anywhere and you should be smart enough to know that. Smurf Smurf Smurf Hydra Hydra Hydra

You didn’t read my reply at all:

So to break that down all old school for you, I said bans aren’t effective for many players, just not every player. Really subtle nuance there.

• eye roll emoji -

I also said in conversation with Xerakos:

IE, don’t ban people!

I have never advocated for the current report system. Yet sure, resort to personal insults and call me a white knight because you’re too lazy to read to content of my posts.

2 Likes

Hate to tell you this but you are right and I am wrong . I made a huge mistake by not reading completely . Sorry

1 Like

You really lack logical thinking, don’t you?

This was never the perspective. Maybe it was to you because,

, if advocating for no ban was not your intention, you were just trying to gloat to the mod who banned you, I’m still here~, which nobody, including the dev would care at all.

Let me ask you this. Where is your level 1700+ account? Don’t care if that account had no other games you bought or progressed on, you can’t use that account as of now, the one you spent time on. Hey~ It clearly worked/did something.

Never said you will be gone, that specific account will. As for smurf/alt account, I clearly went over that. Maybe you have all the time to spend in the world, most people don’t (and after certain period, time equals money so). If your current account(s) get(s) banned, you will have to spend time on your new account again (getting the heroes back, to level 25 or whatever). In which case, ban does do something (it postpones/hinders whatever you used to do, with whatever heroes you used to play).

Basic rule regarding bans is, you don’t get banned for first report/offence or whatever. Are you saying that the mod was on your team, you didn’t pick healer, you were being unrepentant, so mod banned you? Or, whichever the case, mod specifically told you that as a reason for your ban? I doubt it, but I won’t scratch it off as possibility. And if that were the case, you should have some kind of proof/screenshot that shows it (which would be very helpful for your defense if there would be any). Or, maybe it was all your speculation, which may not have any grounds.

As for,

Let’s go over it again. You’ve been saying ‘bans do nothing’ on most ban related threads. Some of the bans, or asking for bans may be a justifiable one, some may not. You said it regardless. For what purpose? ‘Gloating’ on a justifiable ask/action makes no sense. It more or less is an attempt to discourage banning as a whole. And I have a pretty good idea why.

2 Likes