Can illidan be buffed? (nerf abathur if necessary)

Illidan’s kneecaps and ankles impress me more. How can he jump so much without destroying those?
I am so jealous.

Lol underperforming. He’s at 50% now and strong in all ranks. He’s never been easier and more effective to play.

1 Like

buff illidan and buff abbathur, both are trash…

I think the problem lies with the core design of illidan.
He should be made into a tanky bruiser (which he is in lore) and not a nimble assassin that is outmaneuvered by most recent ranged heroes.

I warn that some of these heroes will rework or buffs that can find any talent I go away.

Have you seen a DPS ana with aba? It’s crazy… she tops DPS and first time I saw it, i was like what!?

1 Like

Honestly I’d be more than happy with an Aba rework, even as an Aba main.

and what kind of rework?
Why destroy a unique hero and make him more general and like others?

no no quite the contrary, remove the siegy parts of his kit and make him focused on global support and xp soak

but why?

That is exactly making him less unique

I expect this about several heroes rework or buffs that I can see for it but I found that Melee types heroes that will find in the next balance changes patch.

A hero that counters half the roster (auto attacks) is so strong that he can’t be buffed. In every team out of your two ranged assassins you have a mage, and an auto attacker. All heroes do have abilities, but against Illidan, auto attackers even with their abilities will get destroyed

Almost every single auto attacker in the game can talent into significant spell damage.

Again it is worth remembering that illidan has about the same hp as anduin

Going up against Illidan makes me want to run a suboptimal double mage comp (with one mage a high dps mage) just to stuff it to illidumb players. Example: Tass (Normal mage) + guldan (high dps), or a good orphea. As long as the enemy doesn’t have heroes with spell armor, you’d do well against illidumb as everyone but the healer can at least put up a decent fight 1v1 if caught out by the hunt ultimate, and/or win the teamfight by killing him while not sacrificing dps in the bigger teamfight

Buffing illidan is like opening pandora’s box. He’s an assassin designed to be enabled or even an assassin that continues to chase at no mana, free CDR and free life leech.
Buffing him in even the smallest bits of attack damage gives him better scaling, better AA % buffs, makes him even better with AA speed and consequentially better CDR because he lives just a bit longer.

It’s not an abathur problem, in fact having abathur give out 25% AA speed only when a hat is on someone, makes him viable as a 5th in some 4 man compositions.

Its in fact an illidan design, but it isn’t a problem, it’s interesting a hero is designed like that, to be enabled.

But if there were a hero designed to dive like illidan without all the CDR, life leech and scaling AA, wouldn’t that just be a bad illidan? Or just tracer?

It is not about buffing. It is about redesigning him. His kit is clearly outdated and has no place in this game. He should get redesigned into something that’s actually playable without relaying on 4 other people baby sitting him.

He is very weak, a long with most melee assassins. Recent changes to the game have made this entire class less effective.

Illidan is an original HOTS hero, and has only been nerfed while many other heroes have been added that counter him. He is way overdue for a rework, or at least a few tweaks to diversify his play.

Illidan needs his passive changed, so he can be rebalanced.

Abathur is kinda busted with certain mobility DPS, but the only REAL abuse cases I’ve seen, where he’s such an overwhelming force, is Orphea, Zeratul, and Illidan. This is because they’re such extremely defensive heroes. Comapred to Valeera and Tracer, they’re very squishy and do not have the level of defensive potential to capitalize on it.

1 Like

If you get Abathur nerfed just for Illidan, me and you are going to have words.

Abathur is strong though. If tlv didn’t exist, Abathur would for sure be s tier.