Can illidan be buffed? (nerf abathur if necessary)

Illidan is crippled by his reliance on abathur, he’s so much stronger with aba.

Without aba in most drafts and team comps he just stinks. The only reason he still has a reasonable win chance is due to his ability to take mercs. Here are some fun facts.

Illidan has about the same hp as auriel and anduin, and less hp than deckard cain and stukov. On a melee hero who does 0 damage unless you’re in the middle of the enemy team.

That’s just quite harsh, any CC that hits will blow up illidan instantly.

And metamorphosis is still not quite as good as the hunt btw

8 Likes

Yeah I would like to see the abathur Illidan combo nerfed a bit, just so Illidan can get some more buffs. Abby’s level 4 attack speed talent (can’t remember the name) is just too good with too many heroes.

It’s not just Illidan that suffers from this wierd synergy balance too. I think cho’gall and Auriel could probably use some small buffs each but it won’t happen because of their synergy together.

TLDR, synergies are usually good, but some characters are dependent on that synergy to remain viable and I don’t think that is healthy.

5 Likes

F for Sami/DrLogan combo-wombo.

1 Like

Yeah, would have used tracer/tassadar as an example too, but… RIP support tass

1 Like

breaking table sounds

1 Like

Yes that Illidan will necessary fixed (rework) them among other heroes was Valeera & D.Va that I will fixed them.

:grinning: gotta love threads like these…

“Illidan needs buffs, so nerf Abat.”

Did you lose against Abat + Illidan recently?

2 Likes

Depends how your team is compared to illidans team really. If its qm and illidan and aba are lucky to get a weak team they can stomp then its gg ofc.

Same goes for Aba/tracer teams. They will allways be a strong team vs weak teams that cant shut tracer down or counter push aba.

Honestly I would love to see some Ilidan buffs - while recently haven’t lost single match (5 matches this season 11 last season - 15 of those matches were QM this season 1 SL) it feels kinda like Ilidan to anoy people and after dying and making enemy team on 60%, 50% retreat making place for your team to finish them off - (Record of stacks 134). With blades of Azinoth and Abathur Buff it gets out of hand.

Ilidan need a full rework, his kit is just too dificult to buff without broke the hero.

1 Like

Can Abathur be buffed? (nerf Illidan if necessary)

3 Likes

Then its only his pve that need a buff not his pvp build

Unfortunately abathur is not only a stupidly uninteractive hero, he breaks about 6-7 other heroes besides illidan lol

Sorry it’s your main

1 Like

Seriously? Nerf an already under performing character so that “muh sweaty tryhard main” can play better?

Though I’d be okay with them flat out replacing adrenal overload.

Lol “underperforming”.

But it’s true he’s only banned often in higher leagues so you won’t see him banned much

Oh I’m not an illi main at all, just sad how weak he is outside of macro

1 Like

shifty glances

Do you really want Illi to be meta? Both times I remember him being OP the game was really REALLY boring

but I can see that various others heroes to be nerfed of rework I improved it. so today as others heroes I see that Hanzo would enter level 5 I want it.

An elaborate joke is approaching!
You have been warned!

Glossary of Puns, Gags, and References in this Post
  • Buff – a color, yellowish brown
  • (to) Buff – to polish or shine
  • a buff – an enthusiast or expert of something
  • BUFF – a visibly good physical condition [/Details]
  • [in the] buff – without clothing
  • [to] buff – to improve or strengthen something
  • buff (-er) – something keeping two things apart
  • (to) buff (-er) – lessen the impact of something
  • buffer – temporary data storage, or to store something in a buffer.
  • buffer – british slang for an old, foolish (or out of touch) person.
  • Movie references from The Three Amigos and Austin Powers

You want to buff Illidan!? Have you seen that guy? He’s already shirtless. He’s about one 'roid moment away from losing his pants too, and then he’d be sooo buff, he’d be in the buff. :wink:

But maybe that’s what you really want? Maybe you just wanna buff a buffed Illidan in the buff but he might need a buffer buffer not in the buff so his stuff doesn’t get so buffed that he ends up all yellow and buff. So buffer that buffer cuz that buffer ain’t getting no buffer without a buffer on that buffed buffer!

/s

Some of his talent interactions could probably use some adjustments (some effects don’t leach like others, when perhaps letting them leach could help) but obviously what he really needs his more power in his Metamorphosis. The warcraft 3 version turned him into a ranged unit, and while outright ranged is probably a bit too much for his leach/cdr ness, what people really want is * a frickin’ laser beam!*

Guy has eye-lasers. Maybe toss on an active that lets him occasional laser stuff while metamorphisized. Clearly the size of his morph could be more meta

2 Likes

Reduce the CDR of his battle momentum trait (e.g. 1s to 0.75s) but also reduce the baseline cooldown of his spells.

This would buff him in normal circumstances, but also reduces the synergy he has with aba

2 Likes

Yes , if we can have tracer get tassadar for free why can’t we have a illidan be meta(morphosis)?