Can anyone recommend a MOBA?

Is there a good moba around ?, would like to switch games… thank you in advance for the recommendations.

1 Like

DotA 2 over LoL simply because the community and company behind LoL is beyond toxic. Every decent staff member has either left Riot games or will be leaving.

2 Likes

Heroes of the storm is the best out there, you could try that.

3 Likes

LOL is good though they are very greedy

If you are looking for a good competitive game I think Dota is the best, because hots being honest is the worst that exists.

read the post fanboi, he wants to switch from a dead game to a better one. I only played LoL, its good but take a while to learn

1 Like

If you like the match times of HotS and don’t mind a cellphone game then I’d reccomend Arena of Valor. It’s by the same company that does LoL and has a similar structure in terms of progressions and unlocks. The controls are pretty smooth and intuitive but some of that comfort is accomplished by cutting characters down from q,w,e,r to q,w,e. Despite the shrink, most of the heroes have pretty interesting kits that lean towards shorter cooldowns compared to LoL on account of shorter match times.

1 Like

HotS IS the best moba for ME. That’s a fact.
You’re just throwing a bunch of useless memes around and not being helpful even a tiny bit.
“dead game” - 100% not true
“lol best game” - true only for some1 who actually like that game (although I would think most of them are in a very tight love-hate relationship)
“fanboi” - yeah I’m a fan of games I like and play now (that would be hots, HS, pubg, OW, previously dota2 (great game, but hots is just better for me), and lately a bit of apex) and of course I promote games I like (why wouldn’t I? I genuinely enjoy playing them, so I genuinely think others could too). From what I understand you’re a “lol fanboi” (what exactly are you doing here though, if you don’t even like this game?).

I tried LoL a bit while I was still playing dota2 and I thought it to be a very inferior carbon-copy of dota (personal first impression, that just stuck, so for me, dota2 >> lol). Then I found hots and I just couldn’t play dota anymore (tried a few times to play a few games - too slow, too unbalanced gameplay, too much unnecessary mechanics (I do have 10’s of thousands of hours in dota and over 1k in dota2)), so that adds to my personal equation: hots > dota2 > lol

I also tried Smite at some point, but I simply didn’t like the camera angle - it gives a completely different feel to the game (I feel like it’s a completely artificial limitation - a weird mix inbetween moba and overwatch) and you either like it or not; not even worth comparing to moba’s since the camera factor foremost determines wether that game appeals to you or not.
Afaik there are no other similar games worth considering so far.

cool wall of text, still is your first post pointless cause “HE ASKED FOR AN ALTERNATIV TO HOTS”, maybe you understand it if i write it in caps

1 Like