Cablevision Argentina - Connection Issues 4/15/2019

From outta nowhere this error started happening and I cannot even reach the game.
I searched the forums with previous threads about this issue, tried everything.
Changed the antivirus, added an exclusion to it.
Deleted several times the cache folders
Reinstalled the game
Whitelisted the ports on the windows firewall

Nothing worked. Right now I cannot even log into the game.

UPDATE:

An update to this, I’ve forwarded the ports on my router as specified on the troubleshooting page and this issue keeps happening.
The game is unplayable.
At this point and with 0 answers to this I’d just rather uninstall and forget about this game…

5 Likes

Hey there Mjölnïr,

I’m updating the title of your thread to better describe what’s going on here. We’ve actually had an influx of players on your ISP in Argentina having various connection issues in all of our games. For some odd reason, you are being routed through Milan, Italy on the way to our servers.

Can any Cablevision Argentina players run a winMTR and post the results into the thread for us?

2 Likes

Thanks for your response!

The Cablevision - Fibertel issue was reported as “high ping” in wow from several Argentinian users a couple of weeks ago.
To add some more context for you guys to troubleshoot, Cablevision - Fibertel bought / fused with Personal - Arnet (From Italian group Telecom).
Since Telecom (Personal - Arnet) is italian our guess (as consumers with networking experience) is that somehow an internal change on their routing protocols is deviating the traffic to italy (milan) instead of the normal international exit through brazil to miami.
Myself and several friends called FIbertel but they kinda dismiss this kind of customer requests. So if you guys could probably talk with the tech guys from Fibertel it would be awesome.

4 Likes

Im experiencing issues myself. I also have Cablevision ISP, yesterday it was working fine though.
I cant play any game mode.
Please assist !

2 Likes

I seem to be having the same problem.
I also have Fibertel and yesterday it worked perfectly.
However, today I haven’t been able to play as I get “This play mode is currently disabled” error in every single play mode.

Please let us know what can be done about this.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey, I also have Cablevision ISP (Argentina) I’ve been redirected here by a game master when talking about a similar issue but with the game Hearthstone, where it just gets stuck on the first loading screen and I don’t seem able to enter the game.
I’ve also tried deleting the cache folders (both the game’s and battle.net’s), “Scanning & Repairing” the game files, and reinstalling the game itself.

It seems that I cannot get an error to pop up on my winMTR test because I can’t even enter the game, though I am being routed through Milan as well. It doesn’t let me post the results of my test here because it doesn’t allow links.
pastebin . com /z7x3FrCv

The game worked fine even today, until 5 or so hours ago.
I do not have HotS installed to verify for the issue with that game but I can say that Overwatch works fine, and, although I don’t know if it has anything to do with the issue, Hearthstone launches just fine on mobile (while connected to Cablevision ISP Wi-Fi).

1 Like

I’m in the same situation as you guys. I also got Fibertel and can’t play any mode because i get “This play mode is currently disabled”.
Please fix this!

2 Likes

Hi! i have the same problem in hearthstone and héroes of the storm… bump if any answer comesout

Hey, all!

As of right now using an entirely different internet connection or trying Google DNS have been the only resolution so far:

1 Like

using Google dns worked out! Thanks

Thanks, but I’m guessing this is a temprary solution? Is there any chance that in the near future this will be fixed without having to touch anything? Can you guys do something about it or we are doomed? (so dramatic)

Same issue with Cablevision Argentina here. My only way to work it out was changing to Goggle’s DNS.

Personally I keep a different DNS configured than what’s provided through the ISP and so this can be a permanent solution. However if for some reason you’re wanting to revert the changes, a more permanent solution would likely need to come from the ISP as it looks to be an issue with the default DNS.

1 Like

You are right and do have a point. I’ll give it a try as soon as I can. Thanks.

Edit. Changed the DNS to the ones of Google, it seems to be working right now. Thanks all for the support. I thought it was gonna be a lot of troublesome work but it was really easy and simple.