Buzzing noise caused by HOTS

I recently got some studio monitors for my PC and have discovered that heroes of the storm has a distinct buzzing noise whenever it is open. I’m not sure if it was always there and I just couldn’t hear it because of my old speakers, but it is only happening with HOTS, no other games. I’ve tried updating my drivers but they are all already up to date. Not sure how else to proceed trying to fix this :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for any help

How are the headphones being attached to the computer? Is it direct a direct connection or do you have an interface you plug them into before going to the computer? If its direct then you may need something like a ground loop noise isolator to help reduce the buzzing noise.

In the Windows settings for the headphones I’d want to make sure that there aren’t any enhancements enabled. Can often happen if there’s a boost being applied.

Have the same problem (since beta).
Apart from my computer making a racket (coil whine, nothing one can do about that), there is some wierd buzzing noise on all audio channels (tried 4: onboard, PCIe soundcard, USB-soundcard and audio-out from HDMI device).

For me it is only present in the main menu, where the FPS is at 62 (I am guessing it is supposed to be 60?).
It sounds like a 62Hz Sawtooth wave (can check an online tone generator if it sounds the same for you).

interesting. do you have music on? i am wondering if its the music. since i turn off the music in practically every game.

try turning it off if you have it on.

Dude same problem. This game is such crap it can’t even run with high quality sound equipment. NO other game or program does this.

if you are having the same issue as the OP try a different HDMI cable. also try analog jack to see if you get different results.

if you cant resolve the issue like this you should start your own thread for your specific troubleshooting and post a DXDiag so someone can try to help.