Butcher needs meat checkmarks

Butcher needs a re-design. Mandatory stacking quests are bad.

I still say something like:
50 meat max, no meat lost on death.
Meat gained on hitting branded heroes, as well as from minion/hero deaths.
Activate trait to consume 10 meat, gaining buffs for x seconds.

Buffs should definitely include movement speed, offering him some disengage potential.
Also either armor or damage.
And possibly cooldown reduction.

Buff increases in power for each stack of meat eaten while still under the effect of the buff, and consuming meat refreshes the duration of the stack.
So Butcher can spread it out to slowly build up and keep himself going, or use it back to back to quickly build up for a shorter burst of power.

Itā€™s kind of like Dehakaā€™s but less reliant on minion kills (no global) and doesnā€™t automatically burn it all in one use.
Being essentially an extra ability, and having multiple ways to use it, could increase the skill ceiling of Butcher.
By not being a stupid late game power spike, he wouldnā€™t be such a polarizing hero.

*shifts eyes back and forth from my custom heroes to your line

Itā€™s better not to write to those players at all. If they start flaming in draft for your Butcher pick, open a whisper tab on one of them. It will show if theyā€™re in a party of 4 players.

If they are in a party of 4 players, mute chat and donā€™t talk at all during the game. There is a high chance they will report you if the game is lost.
The reports (at least for abusive chat) will be automatically discarded if you didnā€™t write during the match.

1 Like

if there were more heroes like lost vikings or D.Va, where a death is meant to be ā€œcheapā€ in XP but Butcher still got a full stack of meat, heā€™d be in a better place as a counterpick kind of niche. (Though Iā€™d still want a rework from his ā€œuseless before 200 stacksā€ setup)

hello , level 100 Butcher here, and Butcher needs my rework: