Butcher is beyond broken

I don’t think you do. (cue explanation between shallow vs deep reading comprehension)

The outrage at that single patent filing is generally done by the demonstrably illiterate. Patents are public domain, and while that link has the “pubwebapp” in it, you could just link directly to it in other ways and cut out the middle man. (US9789406B2 - System and method for driving microtransactions in multiplayer video games - Google Patents) Or ya know, realize that people have talked that to death around here. It’s not some magic secret.

Search for US 9789406 B2.

counter-offer: check my post history for “patent”
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/heroes/search?q=patent%20%40Xenterex-1540

Here’s some sample quotes:

Anyone can do a search for “Activision Patent” on the boards here (or other games :D) and find topics that reference to it; it’s not some magic secret that only you found years later (oh my gosh, we have a GOOGLE DETECTIVE HERE!); ) but your basic gist looks to revel in not knowing about stuff because you already have the “obvious answer” without thinking it through. Despite the span of time from then to now, you’re not bringing anything new, or thought through the implications of such a thing actually existing, or having noted any reference to player feedback and concern if it were applied.

IF that thing were applied, there would be “obvious” consequences that haven’t happened.

1. Patents don’t mean something is actually used.

There doesn’t need to be a single line of code written to file for a patent. If they want to prevent an idea from being used, or taken, then a company can file a ‘patent’ to be seen in the public domain, and prevent competitors from using something exactly like their descriptions, or they prevent patent-trolls from trying to claim damages because they ‘stole’ something from a nobody company that only looks to ‘troll’ businesses with litigation and force settlements to avoid protracted court fees.

If a company wanted to protect actual code, it wouldn’t be as a patent.

1. Blizzard has its own patent listings, and people never check those for stuff to be angered about in their conspiracies.

If we look up posters that bring up the ‘patent’ a good chunk of them are default-avatar complainers (case and point) with others being posters that burned out with “blizzard conspiracy” complaint spirals that pretty much tried to reason every outlet they could into rationalizing how stuff is all out to get them.

You’re trying to use some 2015 rant as a ‘gotcha’ moment that’s a beaten dead horse. Being able to ‘read’ does not mean someone is well-read, considers the implications of what was read, or has gone out to update the concerns of what they are expressing. So you point at US9789406B2 because it’s readily available information instead of reading through:
a) more recent patents (ya know, surprise people with something that doesn’t show up gamespot articles)
b) blizzard’s patents (instead of activision, cuz they have their own filings)
c) ones that haven’t been decried by their owners (with available statements from acti and bungie that that patent wasn’t used in any games cuz… it’s a patent and patents aren’t used to protect implemented code)

While you might take that to then indicate that “oh well they were considering it and they are thus going to keep trying even if that isn’t the one they used” this is implied speculation and still not concrete. That is the difficult of trying to ‘prove’ something when you don’t seem to know what ‘proof’ entails. If you were better read then you use substances that go well beyond the crumbs of “bad conspiracy 101”

What you ‘know’ is demonstrably wrong and time and again you keep trying to assert that you are knowledgable about something and then use that to rationalize willful ignorance.

1 Like

nazeebo spider build irl be like

1 Like

Don’t bother with that train wreck. He loves to complain on threads he can simply ignore. Instead, he spends time replying to threads he obviously knows are meant to troll, then complains about it… and somehow still believes he’s not a hypocrite.

He’s got some mental issues or something because if a person really thinks its a troll effort, he’d simply ignore it and spend his time elsewhere. Yet, he posts on almost every thread about it. Little does he know that if he just ignored it, it wouldn’t be at the top of the “general discussion” thread list and it would die quickly. By replying, he keeps it relevant. How someone can be level headed and still do that is baffling.

Replies like this are why I don’t think you can actually read. You were provided more information than what you currently know, were linked to specifics that contradict things you are claiming, and don’t actually acknowledge any contents of the reply.

You instead process it in a minimal agree/don’t and post a couple of insults to try to fault someone else for the things that you are doing.

There isn’t a ‘defense’ of blizzard, but rather an implication that things are ‘worse’ then you’re willing to consider because you’re ignorant, don’t read things through, and seem to think that your lacking maturity is going to do you magical internet favors.

1 Like

Why are the forums so cranky? Almost every thread is off topic and full of personal grudges and bickering.

3 Likes

Because there are posters who don’t know how to behave in civil, mature manners.

Says the guy who’s first to complain about threads he can ignore and is also first to reply to threads he can attack. Self righteous people like you are the worst.

I do everything in my power as a mere rando to improve the quality of the forums.
But I do not start personal attacks or hold grudges.
I talk about the topics and its nuances in those mentioned “first to complain” replies. Not about how my bias makes me feel about certain posters.

1 Like

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Full disclosure here Xiv, I have not played in any games with the forum folks and neither have I ever joined their Discords, all my interactions have been here on the forums.

In the past I had a difference of opinion with Karabars, but we talked it out without anything becoming heated. I feel Kara adds a ton of value to these forums even if it was only for his Caram Comics alone.

He was nice enough to give me a “starter QM” build for Medivh, which I still use in QM and he asked nothing in return. Most of the forum posters have done the same, have been generous with their time and creative gifts without expecting anything in return.

3 Likes

You got the tools to put the thread on ignore so why not use it ? Ofc the thread is a troll thread. OP have posted this like 3 times now casue he got nothing better to do in his life. So instead of joining the troll thread you could just put it on ignore but you just had to point people who reply to it out instead. So it goes both ways.

People have reported it for spam but admins unbanned OP again so that proves admin want this forum to be troll infested with these kind of threads that have no purpose then to make people rage at eatchother. If I was you I would put the thread on ignore and move on. You already posted enouth yourself to keep it relevant like you said yourself.

Put it on ignore and move on.

Good, its such a toxic environment.

Idk why this is always brought up when I have a disagreement with Karabars or other’s I’ve called out about this subject. Please stop bringing it up when my post has nothing to do with it. My accusations of Karabars in this instance are from his activity on his forums.

I used to like him, until I saw how hypocritical he can be. He states how he wishes threads/people/posts would not be trolling in nature and how he wishes it wouldn’t happen, yet feeds the fire by posting. The best solution to dealing with trolls is ignoring them, yet he doesn’t, and complains about it. Then goes on to say that people have tools to deal with this, yet he himself doesn’t use them.

Another thing that bothered me about him is his tendency to consistently attack OP’s in a degrading manner. Two threads he recently did such a thing. Turned out the OP was actually a troll but those aren’t the only times he’s done it.

His comics are okay, since its at least something that makes others happy, but that doesn’t make his other behavior okay. I don’t care for his comics and it bothers me that he claims to be useful on this forum when he’s actually pretty rude and toxic at times, then deflects or hides it if you call him out. Zero accountability.

Your opinion on him is your own. Mine is mine.

I’m not complaining about this thread. I understand that if I open it, post, I’m contributing to adding fuel to the troll’s fire. I accept that, and would ignore it if I wanted. Karabars on the other hand, doesn’t, then complains.

I don’t care to put it on ignore. I’m not the one complaining about it.

You keep saying I’m hypocritical, but you either provide no substance or you’re super vague about it, but at least in the latter case showcases that what you see as “hypocrisy” is actually just a misunderstanding.
Like how you think that me leaving a comment that says “this is a troll post, don’t treat it seriously, folks” is against my wish and desire, that I want ppl to not troll here.

I give you a chance to talk this out in private, if you refuse I will just never respond to you. Simple.

I love when people try to give trolls advice about how to deal with certain people. Can’t find people to agree with you, so gotta find your strange bedfellows somewhere I guess.

There’s nothing to talk out.

That isn’t what I said, but if that’s what you got from it, that’s on you.

In simple terms, I just think its weird how you claim others don’t know how to act, while you can’t even take your own advice on not feeding trolls. In a lot of threads that are troll posts, you posting just puts it at the top of the feed. If you really wanted no one to pay attention to it, you wouldn’t post either and simply scroll on.

If you can’t see how that’s hypocrisy… well I can’t fix that.

If you don’t reply to me anymore, so be it. I don’t care for your responses. However, it doesn’t mean I am unable to speak my mind of things people say here, including you.

You have a personal grudge and act stupidly due to it, so there are things to talk out like adults, but if you once again refuse to act mature (the reason you get triggered when others are called immature is your own insecurity), so be it. We are done then.

Sure, but I informed you here and now, that I won’t respond, and won’t read your comments, so if you reply directly to me, or aim your comments as a response to me, you’ll just make a clown out of yourself. Don’t pls.

Sad, because the “used to like” stuff was mutual. Have a nice life, bye!

I remember years ago when i first started playing, i thought Butcher was Broken too.

Now? I run right over Butcher’s all the time. No prob.

It takes a really, REALLY Good Butcher player to give me trouble now.

1 Like

Nice attempt to try to psychoanalyze me. You really should do some inner reflection exercises to accept your true behavior and who you really are. Whatever helps you feel good I guess.

Its not a personal grudge. I’ve had disagreements with many others on here as well. I just see that you, and select others, are a lot more hypocritical and toxic about it. Sorry you can’t accept that you are. That’s not my problem.

I’m not talking with an adult, but a manchild who can’t accept being told off. It is you here who needs to own up to their actions and stop trying to deny and negate any fault of your own. Grow up.

I have the freedom to do as I please. If you say something stupid, I have every right to combat it. If you refuse to see it or reply, that’s fine. Its more clown like to spew a bunch of “advice” that you don’t apply to your own behavior and then write up comments complaining about the fact that others are immature, don’t know how to behave, or anything along those lines, when you could simply take your own advice and ignore them if they bother you. You talk about immaturity, and then do this? Hope you enjoy being a hypocrite because that’s the behavior of one.

Its not sad at all. After I figured out how you are, good riddance.

It’s none of my business so tell me to butt out, but you’re expending a ton of energy and virtual ink over someone who is essentially a random person to you on the internet.

I’ve been guilty of doing the same in the past and probably will do so again, but I think you might be happier if you just let this drop.

1 Like

Like many people here, the forum is a hobby because its somewhat enjoyable to do while waiting for a match, waste time at work, or actually pose a question/request help. The latter is why I came here in the first place.

However, its not enjoyable when select individuals say and do the same things over and over in the same types of threads… then accuse trolls of being trolls… when their behavior is identical.

Karabars has no right to tell me what to reply to and what not to. If he doesn’t like what I say, he can speak up about it or ignore it. He’s done that and its led to disagreements between him and I. He said before he had me on ignore due to what he dislikes about me (probably because he doesn’t like his ideas being challenged and is mentally unable to realize he is ever wrong, so he gets angry and “ignores” me), yet has continued to reply.

I’m sick of him calling others immature, toxic, trolls, and that they don’t know how to behave… when he is literally exactly what he tells others they are. He doesn’t even take his own advice, thinks everyone is toxic for everything, and acts like a child by not owning up to his actions and instead deflects any accusations towards him that hurt his puffed up ego.

This forum doesn’t have the power to affect my happiness. I simply find it a hobby and while I wish people weren’t like Karabars, it doesn’t mean that because I reply to something, challenge their viewpoint/ego, that I am made unhappy by their behavior. I learned that I’ve been dealing with an arrogant child who can’t handle having his viewpoint challenged. Not my fault he is unable to take any accountability for his behavior when he says hypocritical things.