Butcher is beyond broken

Point and click. Boom. Hero deleted. No skill, no counterplay, nothing. All your opponent can do is pray their team bails them out.

As a master skill-level zagara main, I find butcher to be uncounterable in the hands of a competent player. Why? Because butcher has the most broken ability in the game. Ruthless Onslaught. It’s basically Illidan’s Hunt on a hero with much better damage, lifesteal, and health on a significantly shorter cooldown as a basic ability. Oh, and also baseline nexus blades with his Q, because that’s perfectly balanced.

The moment butcher presses E, his effectiveness ramps up to 11 and he destroys anything in his path. No counterplay. None. Unstoppable, charging faster and faster and then stunlocking the hero to death with nothing they can do.

Even if they manage to survive the initial stun, they will die to Lamb to the Slaughter, the single most OP ultimate in the game. Chain a hero in place, stop them from using any defensive abilities, make it so they can’t be cleansed.

Basically a perfectly guaranteed kill that cannot be dodged or cleansed.

His auto attack damage is absurd. From 0 meat it’s already extremely strong, and once quest is completed butcher can easily enter 700+ damage auto range with nearly 2 attack speed.

Tell me how this is fair. Tell me how this is balanced.

Not even blinds matter, because Butcher can still deal very respectable damage with his melee mage build, mage butch (Invigoration at 1, Cheap shot at 4, Savage Charge at 13). This easily deals 50% of a squishy’s health and completely negates any “counterplay” with blinds.

On top of that, Butcher even has the single highest HP of any assassin, even having more HP than most tanks. Tell me how this is balanced. How. I don’t see how you can even TRY to pretend butcher is fair.

Getting stacks is pitifully easy with any sort of waveclear for butcher to rotate with, easily ramping his autos up to the strongest in the game by level 10, with several ganks in between (which isn’t hard seeing as you can garuanteed kill most heroes with the stun + magebutch combo).

You see why butcher needs nerfed now? He is game-breaking with his insane power level and I assume he will be getting hit with a seriously major batch of nerfs next patch. Thank you

1 Like

I mean you’re putting Butcher on a loop here. If you magnify anything they would appear gigantic even if they’re just ants.
Butcher is an ant you’re making it appear like an elephant. Your perspective is either distorted grossly or you’re a troll. Any master level player would laugh at you if you were serious

1 Like

This is a copy pasta that gets spammed occasionally. Just ignore this post.

6 Likes

Oh… no wonder thanks good to know

This is what happens when you make a scaling assassin that starts the game with Tyrael’s ultimate on a 10 second cooldown and with 75% life steal.

Blizzard has never understood game balance. Welcome to Heroes of the Storm.

1 Like
6 Likes

6 years ago haahh. I see you have been digging through the caves to find that one.
Yea Butcher is indeed broken.

Atleat you made this copy paste thread more fun.

2 Likes

Life steal that needs one blind or a slow due how insanely short Butcher’s melee is that simply moving nullify it entirely.

1 Like

Oh look, one poster made another acc, posted the same stolen troll content and liked itself… :'D

Do you play Butcher, Minky?

(also I thought you left HotS lol)

omg ahhahaahahah. Not going to lie that has happened to me once a longgg ago.

2 Likes

I think she just plays less often as she used to do like. I have not played the game for a week now and spend alot of time in D3 instead. Harb also came back after 2 month break and played one game together with me a week ago.

But it should not surprice people. No new hero for 30 months and quality of the players are dropping. In these days people reach out for better games that still got supported.

2 Likes

ive also noticed a decline in match quality especially in QM so ive switched over to ARAM almost permanently.

Froggy I know you’re into D3, have you been keeping up with D4 news? It looks pretty sweet.

1 Like

Only saw closed beta is up but so far I heard both good and bad stuff about it. Also expect the game to be ram/graphic heavy so have atleast 16 GB ram and alot of VRAM. I think my old laptop wont be able to play it.

2 Likes

Butcher is the worst hero in the game until he gets stacked, and even when he’s stacked, he is extremely vulnerable to stuns, blinds, roots and displacements. Sure he can be good in low tiers were people don’t know how to deal with him, but at higher levels of play he is pretty weak.

I was doing a bit of Xul necromancy there, the clip is more jerky than fresh meat!

Hey Fern, nice to see you again. I never said I left Hots, I just stopped playing Ranked, though I did dabble in a few games this season. As Froggy said, I play Hots far less often now there is no new content. Hots is still a fun game, but I’ve been here from launch so there is an inevitable and natural loss of interest after such a long time period.

I have played the Butcher, but not extensively. Out of the melee assassins, Kerrigan and Samuro are my most played.

*Oh and Murky! I keep forgetting he is now classified as a melee assassin.

You can activate any sort of unstoppable to nullify it. For example Johanna or Mei can just trait up and not get stunned. If Butcher persists then blind removes his damage for a significant time. Like wise Artanis can completely remove the Butcher’s damage by blinding him with his ultimate in response to a charge, effectively leaving the Butcher in the middle of a team fight with 0 damage, 0 self heal and out of place.

E does no damage except to the impact target. Everything in its path is left unharmed. This includes obstructions such as ice/force wall which will cause the Butcher to run around out of control while charging.

Yes this is his main combo once he completes his trait quest. At that stage heroes without access to unstoppable cannot solo anymore as he will be able to always secure kill them. Fortunately, by that stage it is mostly team fight time.

Heroes like Mei or Johanna can unstoppable before the impact. This basically means Butcher cannot Ruthless Onslaught them and using Lamb to the Slaughter on them is very risky.

Cleanse will both remove the Ruthless Onslaught stun as well as Lamb to the Slaughter chain. Unstoppable will prevent both from even landing.

Butcher with 0 meat is probably the worst melee auto attack assassin for damage in Heroes of the Storm, certainly beaten by some healers. Even ranged auto attack assassin heroes deal a ton more damage. Actual melee auto attack heroes like Greymane can mince him at level 1.

Completing his trait quest is very difficult. It requires either a lot of minion wave clearing, or getting allies to kill enemy heroes. If enemy heroes are not dying then you are looking at a long time to complete the quest. Until the quest is completed most other assassins would have been a better pick as his damage is not that good.

It does 119 + 10% + 220 damage every 3 seconds, assuming the target is still CCed (Cheap Shot does not benefit from Hamstring slow) otherwise just 110 every 3 seconds.

For reference Li Ming’s Magic Missiles alone does 441 damage every 3 seconds, without talents, with good range…

So yes “melee mage” Butcher is a terrible mage, possibly one of the worst in HotS.

His collision radius is massive compared with most low range assassins. This means he is easy to body block and land skill shots on.

You get 7 per wave clear. Butcher needs 200 to complete quest. That is 29 full waves must die near him. Clearing 2 lanes of full waves that would take him at least 8 minutes to do. Good luck doing that as Butcher as someone will contest you and chances are some minions will already be dead by the time you get there…

Oh and if you die you lose 2 waves of progress.

1 Like

Those “X hero is OP” posts cause nostalgia feeling for me.

1 Like

I probably need an upgrade also. Also butcher SUCKS if the enemy team has even remotely 1 CC/snare/pushback/blinds, and saves for the charge, he’s pretty much useless

2 Likes

Oh Minky, when will we ever get to play QM at some point with the rest of the crew? :frowning: